Automatic gearbox problem?

Nibiru76

Reaction score
I lef my car for changing an alternator.When a took it back it was so slippery ,that my friend put a gearbox on manual.MY clyster display is dead and I cant see on which gear am i.Basicly now I cant return on a automatic mode.I read on the manual,that i have to shif on D+ and hold ,Ive done it,but its the same thing.Button is on standart its not in winter.The car cant shifts the gears,its going to 3000 to 3500 and thats it.I dont know whether this is related of alternator change.or whether this is a gearbox problem......I read as well that car may went on emergency mode.What that is means?Dont know realy what to do.......Thanks!

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is your whole instrument cluster dead and nothing working

OP
N

Nibiru76

Reaction score
Yes ,display is complitely dead

rich.g.williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor Coupe 2003
why did the alternator need changing?

maybe changing the alternator has resulted in an electrical fault

if the instrument cluster is not working maybe fuses are blown?

also maybe no power getting to the transmission computer or the electronic selector lever

if no power to any one of several modules/computers then transmission will run in one gear emergency mode

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
What car is it and has it been jump started?

OP
N

Nibiru76

Reaction score
Its strange because the problem began,when alternator was changed<i am not 100% sure,but i think so.Also mechanic said that water pump need chanching because is leaking.But the fact said ,that I left my car for changing an alternator ,paid for the service,and now got another problems,sounds strange to me.For water pump ,he is right,need to be change,because I am running on coolant every 4-5 days.Do you think that if I do engine diagnostic it could help ,and i will find where is the problem.Thanks!

OP
N

Nibiru76

Reaction score
I didnt mention model of a car,sorry.Its Mercedes-Benz 320cdi,year 2001.Thank you!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom