Avantgarde or Avantgarde SE which do I have

izzi613

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have just bought a Nov 03 53' C180 Kompressor Avantgarde Auto Estate which coming from a Toyota Avensis I am absolutely thrilled with.

Trouble is I am unsure whether it is a Avantgarde or Avantgarde SE! The Logbook says Avantgarde A but the fleet maintenance schedule says Avantgarde SE. Now I know the SE is cheaper and probably has less kit??

Does anyone know the model history and is there any definitive peice of kit that will determine this for me?

Many thanks

Jacob

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Mine's a little newer than yours - 54 reg, so it's the mid 04 facelift version.

Looking in the brochure, on mine the trim options are Classic, Classic SE (adds met paint, alloys and elec folding mirrors) and Elegence SE and Avantgarde SE. There are no non SE versions of Elegance and Avantgarde).

robbo

Reaction score
I dont think thats the case for pre facelift models though. The pre facelift cars had classic, classic SE, elegance, elegance SE, avantgarde and avantgarde SE specs. The SE models were more expensive and had a higher specification.

I cant remember what extras the SE packs brought to the table though.

OP
izzi613

izzi613

Reaction score
Thanks guys that VIN decoder is awesome though it does include some options I'm sure I don't have!

Though I think although logic dictates the SE should be loaded with more kit the used values for the SE are lower. The new prices are also confusing with Parkers showing (C180K Avant Estate Auto) Avantgarde £24,685 original price versus £24,085 for the Avantgarde SE. To be honest with you guys I dont' know what more kit it could have come with?

I' almost certain though that I have the Avantgarde though but It's still baffling.

Many thanks for all you're help. Lovely forum to compliment my new mercedes ownership experience.

Jacob

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom