B160/W245 correct tyre pressure

rjnkanwal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160/2011/1498cc
Hi
I am little bit confused about correct tyre pressure.
Inside the fuel cap the reccomended tyre pressure is 32psi front and 38psi back. As it is full load pressure, I have used 32psi front and back most of the times unless carrying bigger load.
I just found out that all the tyre websites are reccomending 29psi. So can anyone tell, what is the correct pressure?
Thanks

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
On the so-called 'BlueEfficiency' models the recommended tyre pressures were whacked up to maximum to justify claims about fuel efficiency. This of course ruins the ride and probably results in uneven tyre wear. 29psi all round is what I do on my w169 A Class (also BlueEfficiency) and I believe the B Class is the same.

chris10895

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2011/1.7L
I run a 2011 'Blue Efficiency' B class with Michelin CrossClimates at 30 psi. Older 'B's had the partial load and full load sticker in the petrol filler flap; then the Blue Efficiency came along and the sticker showed just the full load pressures. My local dealer told me that they are putting silly pressures in new cars now in pursuit of improved fuel consumption.

My car runs quiet and smooth on the lower pressures. Handling? See my post in the Suspension etc forum … I had all sorts of grief from the tyres that were fitted when I bought it … it had a mix of Michelin Energy Saver and Firestone on the front, not helped by later wear of a track rod. Combined with the recommended 32/38 settings, it handled like a supermarket trolley. I declared it the worst car that I had ever driven and seriously thought about getting rid of it. With matching tyres and sensible pressures it's a different car now!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Agreed - every time my cars go in for service they come out with tyres inflated like house bricks! First thing I do is let some air out, transforming the handling. Even the 63 which runs at (ahem) fairly high speeds feels better and more secure with a bit less air

OP
R

rjnkanwal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160/2011/1498cc
Thanks guys. I had completely forgotten that I asked a question. I tried with 29psi and acceleration was bit sluggish. 31psi was sweet spot but I am using 30psi now. Not bad acceleration and good ride.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks guys. I had completely forgotten that I asked a question. I tried with 29psi and acceleration was bit sluggish. 31psi was sweet spot but I am using 30psi now. Not bad acceleration and good ride.
Good call!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom