Battery life

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi any one know what is the expected life of the consumer battery on a sl 55?

Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is this the AGLM battery in the boot or the starter battery

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi Malcom its the AGLM in the boot

Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They are funny things,,I though that mine was not good and changed it soon after buying the car.

Glass mat batteries do require a different charge and this should be constant at about 5 amps. Now it only takes a few hours to get the voltage up to just over 12 volts.. it can take another 4 hours to get it to the 12.5 volts.

They cost about £100 and my battery supplier got mine for me, all Varta.

During the winter months these cars do need a top up with the charging and I charge mine for a few hours once a month

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Thanks Malcom the reason i asked is that MB B-ham have got mine in and say there is a drain on it but i think the batt is faulty this car is driving me mad thay have had it three weeks now to put the roof and boot seals right and change a rear strut i guy that worked there say that there is a shortage of staff and that is why thay are takeing so long.up till now the car has been in MB one week in every month for ten months so much for a car that costs over £100,000 it is a disgrace

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I forgot what a pain your car has been. Mine would have been impossible if I had not done 95% myself.

Known drain points are,
The battery inverter in the boot.
The OCP that is the complete mirror ass;
A SAM and there are 3
The central gateway not allowing the comand to shut down, with this fault the CD changer will keep clicking ever few mins till the rear battery is down to 11.75 volt when the consumers are switched off

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi Malcom thay have just changed the N/S/R strut could thay have done something when thay had the boot apart to make the batt go flat?

Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cant see how they could,,unless they raised the boot to the service position, and you do not need to that even though MB say that you must,,you just remove the trim at the rear and on the side that you are working on, and you can get to the 3 nuts easily with the boot open in the normal way.

All you can do is to charge it up and see

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi Malcom just had a word with MB B-Ham and thay think the roof module is faulty as there is no signal to the roof now and there is still a power drain so thay have orderd a new one what do you think

Mike

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi Malcom i forgot to mention that they have changed the c pillar seals as well as the strut ?
Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcom just had a word with MB B-Ham and thay think the roof module is faulty as there is no signal to the roof now and there is still a power drain so thay have orderd a new one what do you think

Mike

I do not think that they are doing very well,,we have never had a roof pump fail yet,,unless water has got in while its been standing, and the C pillar seals are not the common ones to fail or leak, all a bit odd

OP
L

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi Malcom they didnt say the roof pump they say the roof module is faulty and could be the drain plus the roof is now not working
Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Never had one of these either yet 230 in the link
http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GA=722.643&CT=F&cat=65P&SID=82&SGR=425&SGN=19

To be truthful I do not think that your dealer has anyone who is very good with the electrics,,this is often the case, as many engineers have been forced into a position that they did not want to be in.

There are a few guys that do well on this front like Alexander Patient, he is as good on this front, as he is on the mechanics

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom