Becker map pilot

Neil Davies

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi convertible
Hi all , just bought a 2012 E220 cdi convertible, no sat nav tho , seen a few on eBay which fit in the glove box , will any module fit mine

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Hello and welcome. Do you have the pre-installation kit installed in your glovebox? Put you VIN into here and see if you have the Becker PreInstallation option on your car as a double check..

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Yes I have the slot in glove box where the module plugs into

As far as I am aware it's for the Becker Map Pilot only. Ebay is a good source for them. As I said on my other post, do check your VIN in www.lastvin.com to confirm you have the Becker Pre-installation kit.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Be careful with Ebay, there are lots of fake units out there that work fine initially but can't have the maps updated later.

Personally I don't use the Becker nav fitted to mine as I replaced the screen with an Android 10.25" unit and use Waze and Google maps with real time information.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Be careful with Ebay, there are lots of fake units out there that work fine initially but can't have the maps updated later.

Personally I don't use the Becker nav fitted to mine as I replaced the screen with an Android 10.25" unit and use Waze and Google maps with real time information.
I don’t think they are fakes, as such, but you need the original PIN to update the maps and many sellers don’t have those details.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
I don’t think they are fakes, as such, but you need the original PIN to update the maps and many sellers don’t have those details.

Nope, inspected by by Becker and found to be fakes. Several people have been asked to send them to Becker and been told they are counterfeit items.

Its a separate issue where a previous owner has set a pin and then a future owner has sold them as secondhand and when the new owner tries to use it they need to unlock it, bit no one knows the pin.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom