Best Alarm for a 1990 300CE

Fightgear

Reaction score
Now that my 300CE is pretty loaded (Road Angel, GPS plus multichanger) I think I need to sort out an alarm/immoboliser. I would love something with all the bells and whistles (remote starting, window closure, etc). Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Yes, don't fit one. Unless you can hear the alarm no one is interested. Just take your GPS and Road Angel out with you, then leave the glove box and cubby holes open. Even if you had an alarm it would not stop them stealing anything.
Check with your insurance, you may also find it would take >10yrs in decreased payments to pay for the alarm.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Blobcat said:
Yes, don't fit one. Unless you can hear the alarm no one is interested. Just take your GPS and Road Angel out with you, then leave the glove box and cubby holes open. Even if you had an alarm it would not stop them stealing anything.
Check with your insurance, you may also find it would take >10yrs in decreased payments to pay for the alarm.

Reminds me of a car park in Sweden, where the big sign said.

"why don't you empty the car yourself"

Malcolm

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
unfed rottweiller......

Alarms are great for telling you that someones just nicked all your stuff!

Best sort of device is one that locks all the doors when the thief is inside and then drops a cyanide capsule.....or the big spike through the drivers seat !

My mate had his laptop knicked off the back seat of his car whilst he was in the front eating KFC !

Lock your goodies in the boot and fit an alarm but more importantly a decent immobilizer. Physical deterrents are also very good - cant remember which was the best type now.

I reckon fitting a very loud siren (or sirens) inside the car would make it very uncomfortable for a thief. I wonder if they do smoke cloaks?

Top Bottom