Best wax/polish

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
All Mcquires products work well and easy to apply and rub off, the same can be said of Auto Glym products. They both last well and several months at that, not expensive either.

Agreed - if you want a basic product to give good shine by hand AutoGlym and Mequiars are perfect.

AutoGlym Super Resin Polish or Mequiars Gold glass wax are two of my fave basic products.

Last edited:

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Oh yes - many swear by that one.

Its a classic, excellent value for money.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi

That looks interesting - might try that on mine!

Also this is on offer in the "Deal of the day" for those Megs fans

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002V9I...26JVE5YH5ZAYWP6M&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=577138707

Very good value for a starter. If you follow the 3 steps you get a great results although it is a lot of work!

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Another vote here for Collinite. I use 845 for a quick blast of shine and have just bought, but not yet tested, some 476S.
Here's my friends' 2013 VW Up! I did yesterday after a quick wash, previously un-cared for.

Attachments

• IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
AG SRP is great on light coloured cars, pants on anything darker than light silver (to much white filler), and its not a wax. What you need to know is does your paintwork need correction (light scratches, swirl marks etc) or just protection and a shine?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
AG SRP is great on light coloured cars, pants on anything darker than light silver (to much white filler)

That is why they brought out Ultra Deep Shine specifically for dark colours

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I expect I will be shot down in flames but I have used Armorall Shield for a little while now and swear by it. Plus it ain't expensive, £10.99 on amazon ! :D:D:D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
turtle wax. its about £6 a bottle (or it was last time i bought any)

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
That is why they brought out Ultra Deep Shine specifically for dark colours

I've been using both AG UDS and PB's Blackhole, both work great on my Jasper Blue CLK to hide minor defects. Finish off with PB's Natty Blue wax for a deep protective shine (again designed for darker cars) Oddly I think the AG UDS with Natty's looks slightly better but theres really nothing in it at all, but the UDS does powder/dust more than Blackhole on removal.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I expect I will be shot down in flames but I have used Armorall Shield for a little while now and swear by it. Plus it ain't expensive, £10.99 on amazon ! :D:D:D

Not at all! Used it a lot on my old CLS, and have just used it again this last week, over the top of the Nattys Blue, on my 63. (There's a video on another thread of it beading rain nicely).

Easy to apply, doesn't mark vinyl trim, and lasts quite well.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Tried AG's UDS for the first time this w/e. Very impressed. Easy to apply and buff off. Only really dusty if one uses too much. Covers swirls and minor scratches well.

For a quick tidy up Greased Lightning's Showroom shine works very well. Good depth of shine and water beads nicely.

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Tried AG's UDS for the first time this w/e. Very impressed. Easy to apply and buff off. Only really dusty if one uses too much. Covers swirls and minor scratches well.

For a quick tidy up Greased Lightning's Showroom shine works very well. Good depth of shine and water beads nicely.

I certainly didn't use too much UDS but I did work it hard, and it is dusty on removal, but not as bad as SRP though. hardly any residue with Blackhole. By the way why didn't you top the UDS with a wax, as you'll be doing it all again in couple of weeks when it stops beading and the sheen has gone? For a quick over shine I use G3 Turbo detail, or Meguiars Deep Crystal (step 3) Carnauba. Both great.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I certainly didn't use too much UDS but I did work it hard, and it is dusty on removal, but not as bad as SRP though. hardly any residue with Blackhole. By the way why didn't you top the UDS with a wax, as you'll be doing it all again in couple of weeks when it stops beading and the sheen has gone? For a quick over shine I use G3 Turbo detail, or Meguiars Deep Crystal (step 3) Carnauba. Both great.

Agree regards to SRP, terribly dusty. UDS is on par with many other treatments.

Didn't finish off with a wax as it started raining!! My fav wax is still Collinite 915.

I've used Black hole and it does what it says, fills swirls without dusting.

What do you think of Carlack69 sealant? Works very well under Collinite.....

Last edited:

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Agree regards to SRP, terribly dusty. UDS is on par with many other treatments.

Didn't finish off with a wax as it started raining!! My fav wax is still Collinite 915.

I've used Black hole and it does what it says, fills swirls without dusting.

What do you think of Carlack69 sealant? Works very well under Collinite.....

Sorry I've not tried Carlack 68, the only polymer sealant I've tried is AG EGP, you know how it is, you keep buying stuff, try it, determine how it looks, then buy something else, just in case its better, and before you know it you've spent a few hundred quid! So I stopped at what I know works for me, as for Colli 915 ignore the previous sentence as its on my next to buy list, lol.

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
my favourite wax is DODO juice purple haze carnauba soft wax, love the depth and shine it gives once layered. i also didn't come away too impressed with Pinnacle souveran and thats the limit till i have tried.

the car is wearing dodo purple haze and meguiars m02 polish

DSC02014 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

Essel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG V8 Kompressor
What polisher do you use to do the waxing or polishing? Nice finish!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom