bleeding clutch

pain in the a class

Reaction score
1999 a140 a class took engine out put it back hardest job bleeding the clutch or should that be bleeding clutch...firstly tried the pump the pedal and undo bleed nipple way ....nothing...then emptied the pipe and bled it in a bottle..still nothing...then got a pressure bottle that runs from your tyre...got quarter clutch back... finally stumped so phoned mb they told me the only way they bleed manual a class clutches is by reverse bleeding with a syringe ..tried it one syringe and i got my clutch back...so mb are usefull sometimes ....:D :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
1999 a140 a class took engine out put it back hardest job bleeding the clutch or should that be bleeding clutch...firstly tried the pump the pedal and undo bleed nipple way ....nothing...then emptied the pipe and bled it in a bottle..still nothing...then got a pressure bottle that runs from your tyre...got quarter clutch back... finally stumped so phoned mb they told me the only way they bleed manual a class clutches is by reverse bleeding with a syringe ..tried it one syringe and i got my clutch back...so mb are usefull sometimes ....:D :D

So pleased.you did a great job there. :D :D :D

malcolm

dava

Reaction score
Another way with these and all other cars with this type of clutch is to place a pipe onto the front brake caliper nipple, loosen it off and back bleed the clutch ie pressure from the brake system pushes the air out of the clutch, upwards as air wants to travel up and back into the reservoir, works better than syringe.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another way with these and all other cars with this type of clutch is to place a pipe onto the front brake caliper nipple, loosen it off and back bleed the clutch ie pressure from the brake system pushes the air out of the clutch, upwards as air wants to travel up and back into the reservoir, works better than syringe.

Thats clever and completely different. :D :D

malcolm

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6

Hi
I am lost...The pipe onto the front caliper will be full of air.
Where do you connect the other end of the pipe...
What about the seals of the clutch cylinder, how can they allow fluid in the reverse direction

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi
I am lost...The pipe onto the front caliper will be full of air.
Where do you connect the other end of the pipe...
What about the seals of the clutch cylinder, how can they allow fluid in the reverse direction

When the clutch pedal is in the up position there is a clear line all the way through to the filling tank, so by pushing the fluid up it will go into the filling tank, its only when the pedal is pressed the the filling hole is blanked.

Malcolm

dava

Reaction score
When the clutch pedal is in the up position there is a clear line all the way through to the filling tank, so by pushing the fluid up it will go into the filling tank, its only when the pedal is pressed the the filling hole is blanked.

Malcolm

Could not have put it better my self, well done got to the top of the class.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom