C class 2005 glove box installation

norman1988

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2005 C200 kompressor
Hey all,

So I purchased a replacement door for my glove box door and lock work fine however When I try to open the door fully it falls off the hinges is there a catch or something I should be connecting the glove box to so it doesn’t fall off when I open it??

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Hey all,

So I purchased a replacement door for my glove box door and lock work fine however When I try to open the door fully it falls off the hinges is there a catch or something I should be connecting the glove box to so it doesn’t fall off when I open it??
I'm pretty sure it should connect to a springy thing inside that stops it and also makes it "soft" open

OP
N

norman1988

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2005 C200 kompressor
Ok cool il look into that many thanks.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom