C Class C180 CD player upgrade

M

mercedes_lover

Hi all

I'm looking to upgrade the standard cd player that I have in my Merc to something more modern.

I'm looking for a cd player with mp3 connectivity and if possible bluetooth so I can use the phone function.

I'm not sure what cd players are compatible for my car.

If anyone can tell me which cd players would be compatible I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks

Mercedes_lover

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry it cannot be done, you have to stick with the one in the car.

Have a look here for other ideas with blue tooth

http://www.comand.co.uk/

John Kerr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 220CDI Sport
Hi all

I'm looking to upgrade the standard cd player that I have in my Merc to something more modern.

I'm looking for a cd player with mp3 connectivity and if possible bluetooth so I can use the phone function.

I'm not sure what cd players are compatible for my car.

If anyone can tell me which cd players would be compatible I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks

Mercedes_lover

Look on Dynavin website they have one to fit

Just Phil

Reaction score
Comand

I've got a complete comand unit for sale c/w nav disk, wiring loom adaptor and ariel, it's in the for sale part of this forum. It came out of my wifes 2002 w203 c180

Pm if your intersted

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
£632 fitted by Dynavin : sat nav, dvd, ipod, mp3 and all the perks + map updates :)

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
As far as I know MB won't supply any new DVDs for Comand 2.0 ( ie. w203 models ). The latest one was v12.

OP
N

npuk

You dont need Mercedes branded discs for Comand 2.0, it uses Tele Atlas discs you can get them direct from Tele Atlas.

Hi all

Many thanks

Mercedes_lover

You can fit whichever aftermarket unit you want. Car already has ISO connections, but you will need a fascia adapter (single or double din) and steering interface. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors-mercedes-c-class/

Good place to buy from: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

Just Phil

Reaction score
comand

My comand unit is a direct replacement for that head unit and the box thing below it, you can run a phone through it but probably not on bluetooth, it has a cd and can except a cd multi player which fits into the top half of the glove box.

Part number for the comand unit is A 203 827 52 42 it will fit

pre facelift W203 2000-2004

pre facelift W209 CLK 2002-2004

It can all be controlled from the steering wheel whatever mode its in and the nav imfo can be view not only on the unit but also on the dash display.you would be amazed at the amount of things it can do. All for the very reasonable price of £350 ono

Last edited:
OP
N

npuk

IMO it is not worth installing the Comand 2.0, it is old and in terms of features you would get much more from an aftermarket unit, even a cheap chinese one.

Yes you can install the later Audio 20 unit fitted to facelift W203 or even Comand NTG2 but it will need you to upgrade the centre console.

Some info about about upgrading to post facelift dash and unit here: http://www.mwstewart.co.uk/articles/w209faceliftconsole/

Just Phil

Reaction score
Real helpful

IMO it is not worth installing the Comand 2.0, it is old and in terms of features you would get much more from an aftermarket unit, even a cheap chinese one.

Yes you can install the later Audio 20 unit fitted to facelift W203 or even Comand NTG2 but it will need you to upgrade the centre console.

Some info about about upgrading to post facelift dash and unit here: http://www.mwstewart.co.uk/articles/w209faceliftconsole/

Thanks mate why dont you just come kick me in the balls too!!!

OP
N

npuk

The OP is asking what the options are and unfortunately the fact is there are more and better options than the out dated Comand 2.0 unit whether you like that or not.

Just because you have one for sale doesnt mean that one should not post the other options or that we should all recommend they get a Comand 2.0. You can easily sell your unit on the likes of ebay etc. BTW you have advertised your unit for sale on this forum as Comand NTG2 (later dvd based unit). NTG2 was fitted to post facelife W203 / W209, you have the old cd based Comand 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Phil

Reaction score
Its hardly outdated compared to an Audio 10 is it!
I'm just telling him what it can and cant do, He may not want to spent £ 600 on an after market one, just giving him the option. As for the NTG2 bit you may be correct, I've listed what it fits to the best of my knowledge but I'm open to questions from anyone who is interested and will do my best to answer correctly.

The OP asked what is compatible, mine is! He didnt ask anyones opinion on what is best or better!!!

Last edited:

Just Phil

Reaction score
Comand

This is now sold for the full asking price, not bad for an outdated bit of crap npuk!!!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom