c240 v6,intermittant sluggish acceleration.

stephentanks1

Reaction score
My c240 accelerates very well until about half warmed up then the performance drops off.Sometimes it will pull away like a jackrabbit other times its slow.Also if the engine is hot and its left for about 15 mins and you then drive off its almost as if its starved of fuel and feels as if it is not going to accelerate away.Its not the winter/summer gearbox switch,I have tested this a lot.Its had a new "cat",MAF sensor,but not genuine Merc ,and new lambda probes.Any ideas please.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Where did you get the air mass from?

Only fit gen MB or a Bosch item.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I'd go with the above, none genuine MAFs have been known to give problems. That said, I've not heard of MAFs being temp related so I'm not convinced.
Thinking back, i had a similar issue with a Ford once. Turned out to be a knock sensor weakening the mixture until it was running on thin air. Was ok when cold as it richens the mixture so ran ok, but once warm it ran very badly. Very economical though!

Not sure if a Merc has a knock sensor or even what they are, but maybe Malcolm or BlackC55 could shed some light.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom