C250TD Estate with 130k miles

Stevejb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 1999 C250TD estate with 130k miles and full MB service history. Am I mad or do these cars last forever?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

Not mad at all, these cars can do serious miles no issue at all, full service hsitory is very useful and shows the previous owner at least did the basics. I would expect to see a lot of paperwork for items other than just the serivices as well. The 250TD is not the most economical of engines however it will run on bio diesels and vegatable oils. Unlike the newer CDI engines.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Deffinetly not mad, with fsh, should drive like new at that miles.Watch out for rust around wheel arches & tailgate , oil blowing out at inlet manifold & heater plug light staying on, changing plugs can be problematic.Good mixture of power and economy, between 36 and 40 mpg on longer runs from my 250 td manual at 150k miles. Find a good indie garage and your good to go!

Jensen

Reaction score
Mine's a C250TD auto and combined I get 34 mpg, but admitedly on average I quee each day for a toll tunnel about 45 mins

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom