C43amg

malcomP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 and a C240
Does anyone know where to locate a new set of Belstein Shocks and Springs for a 1998 C43 AMG. Mercedes are very expensive :

rayhennig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 300CE-24 Sportline
Bilstein B12 Kit

I fitted the B12 kit (springs & dampers) to my 124 Sportline and it's great.

Others around here say likewise.

Ask Oliver at Presige cars near Portsmouth, he could doubtless advise and fit.

RayH

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
Hi Malcolm - have a look at my earlier thread here: http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46198 - I've just had the Bilstein B8's fitted to mine by Oliver at PCS and am very happy :) They were also loads cheaper than the stock units from Mercedes. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
A B12 kit is,nt available for the C43 AMG. I,ve been trying to source some replacements for my C43 and have decided to go for genuine MB springs and Bilstein replacement shocks, the springs are £54 each for the front from MB(rear i believe are similar price) the shocks i believe are about £100each from Euro car-parts.
Another forum member MarkCL has just used these shocks on his 43, using his existing original springs (car just on 100,000 miles i believe) and has reported favourably on their performance.
Do not be tempted to buy after market springs for it, unless it specifically says for the 8 cylinder motor, if you can find some let me know as i may be tempted.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom