C63 back boxes on an R230 SL55

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
what are you trying to achieve? your probably best speaking to a fabricator like Imran at tourqueflow if your after a specific sound

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Firstly, do the back boxes even fit an SL?

Secondly, what does it sound like?!

I think you'll find the lugs that attach to the rubber hangers have to be cut off and welded in a new place to suit the SL.

I've heard Alps E55 with C63 rear mufflers and it does sound nice. But it still doesn't sound like a 6.2 engine.

C A R S E

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230, SL55 AMG
Interesting....

I like the sound of my SL55 but feel it could be a little louder, was tempted to get an X-Pipe fitted but I'm not too keen in getting the exhaust cut and welded as there is no going back (Especially for selling).

OP
S

S477ANL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Interesting....

I like the sound of my SL55 but feel it could be a little louder, was tempted to get an X-Pipe fitted but I'm not too keen in getting the exhaust cut and welded as there is no going back (Especially for selling).

I've already had Imran do some exhaust work. I didn't need an x-pipe because the later R230 models had a H-pipe which does the same thing! He removed my resonators and secondary cats (i kept the primary for MOT reasons) and it does sounds awesome. I just want some more grunt!

I've heard Alps E55, but the SL sounds completely different, as it's a shorter car, thus I want to know if anyone has done the c63 boxes conversion. I have a feeling it will sounds even more aggresive! ;)

OP
S

S477ANL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
If your keen to hear how my SL sounds with the work Imran done, join Torqueflow facebook page and there's 2 clips of my SL from a few weeks back!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have a chance to be some special down pipes for ½ price brand new, the were for an 55 but will fit the 113.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
you say grunt but do you mean you want more power or a better burble/noise at the lower end of the range?

if you want more power then your looking at port and polish, then maybe SC upgrade and other stuff, if you mean a different lower noise then you are going to have to remove your current back boxes and look at trying to design something bespoke to give the sound you want, unfortunately that's not going to be cheap

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom