Can I take fitted tyres back?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Would I be right in thinking that each tyre is available in 'run flat' and normal run version tyre?

I'm getting quite confused trawling through all the info on tyres :confused:

The markings I posted will be on the tyre if run flat and not in very tiny letters.

I have never had any confusion when búying tyres ever

N

npuk

Do you know the exact tyre you have? Looking at Dunlops site some runflats have A in the name others dont. But the runflats either have DSST or ROF or both in the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

npuk

I see you posted on the other thread is is a Dunlop Sport 01A. The 01A comes in both runflat and non runflat. If runflat it will have one of the above markings or RSC or Run On Flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kylinski

Kylinski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK R170 230 (2001)
Do you know the exact tyre you have? Looking at Dunlops site some runflats have A in the name others dont. But the runflats either have DSST or ROF or both in the name.

I have Dunlop Sport 01's on the rear axle and

Dunlop Sport 01 A's on the front

I cannot see on any tyre the letters to indicate that these tyres are run flats.

I think I'm OK

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have Dunlop Sport 01's on the rear axle and

Dunlop Sport 01 A's on the front

I cannot see on any tyre the letters to indicate that these tyres are run flats.

I think I'm OK

You are OK and we have never had anyone yet that has had them fitted by mistake

OP
Kylinski

Kylinski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK R170 230 (2001)
You are OK and we have never had anyone yet that has had them fitted by mistake

Yep, all is OK. Went back to garage and fitter assured me all my tyres were non run flats.

Just returned from a visit up norf. Very impressed with the 'quiet' ride on motorways.

Lovely drive around Lancashire and Yorkshire. Car was absolutely faultless :grin:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes good tyres I saw your other post :D:D

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Yep, all is OK. Went back to garage and fitter assured me all my tyres were non run flats.
:

Good job really as having run flats and non run flats on the same vehicle is quite a big no, no.
Plus the rim of the tyre has to be of a certain lip size to be able to hold the run flat adequately.

All useless info i picked up when i had them on a Z4 and was chatting to the chap at BMW Shrewsbury.

Pete

Albee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 E300
Having owned 2 335 BMWs, I changed both cars from Run-flats to 'conventional' I would never consider r/flats again, the ride is appalling (due to 'hard' side walls) and don't be fooled, they are not repairable just replaceable! Be aware, they command a hefty price! Go for 'proper' tyres and just get a can of 'tyre-weld' and a small compressor for the boot. Job done!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Having owned 2 335 BMWs, I changed both cars from Run-flats to 'conventional' I would never consider r/flats again, the ride is appalling (due to 'hard' side walls) and don't be fooled, they are not repairable just replaceable! Be aware, they command a hefty price! Go for 'proper' tyres and just get a can of 'tyre-weld' and a small compressor for the boot. Job done!!!

I have noticed that Ebay is full of BMW run flat wheels and tyres

Top Bottom