Cancelling auto - renew with AA

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

Anyone have an email address to cancel my AA renewal? Or any other suggestions to ensure it does not auto renew?

Due to renew on the 13th, but their website won't let me cancel it as it is within 10 days of renewal.

Tried phoning several numbers (supplied by their website and renewal quote), but after being kept on hold for an hour + , I'm looking for a more immediate route.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Steve

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Have you tried their "Live Chat" ?

Remember to take some phone pics of the crucial part of the text as normally with most live chat services they ask if you want a copy of the text that never seems to transpire , surprisingly.

K

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi,

Anyone have an email address to cancel my AA renewal? Or any other suggestions to ensure it does not auto renew?

Due to renew on the 13th, but their website won't let me cancel it as it is within 10 days of renewal.

Tried phoning several numbers (supplied by their website and renewal quote), but after being kept on hold for an hour + , I'm looking for a more immediate route.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Steve
Isn’t the auto renew thingy on whatever method you used to pay with last time , such as an “auto payment “ on your credit card or from your bank account . Cancel that at your end , then just email or write to the AA

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Cheers guys,

Haven't found a live chat option - but then wawsn't looking for one at the time. I'll have anopther look.

Could contact the bank, but I think auto renewal might be on one of the CPA's (continuous payment authority), which I believe can only be cancelled by the payee.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
As W1ghty says much easier to email or write. Keep copies. In the usual manner of large companies they might auto renew anyway, but then you have a complaint.

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Resolved :)

Actually managed to get through by phone. Phoned bang on 08:00 (when they open) and got through within a couple of minutes.

Interestingly and irritatingly, they offered to drop the price (last yaer £384, renewal price £784) which begs the question as to why didn't they give me a lower renewal price in the first place??

Thanks for all the suggestions.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Interestingly and irritatingly, they offered to drop the price (last yaer £384, renewal price £784) which begs the question as to why didn't they give me a lower renewal price in the first place??
Just had the very same conversation with our house insurance provider .... last year £330, this year £440 but they could drop it to £400 then & there. I've gone elsewhere.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Isn’t the auto renew thingy on whatever method you used to pay with last time , such as an “auto payment “ on your credit card or from your bank account . Cancel that at your end , then just email or write to the AA
I did that 2 yr ago over phone to my bank to cancel auto renewal from Burkina Faso, told all done, they still f paid it when I called again after event a month later I was told by my bank I must cancel it from insurers end watch auto renew some is opt in some
Opt out now why wud that be.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Resolved :)

Actually managed to get through by phone. Phoned bang on 08:00 (when they open) and got through within a couple of minutes.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Drives me crazy this sort of thing. All goes back to the massive influx of competition into the insurance market years ago. Attract new customers - sure just offer an unrealistically low price if you have the capacity and then wack the premium up in the following years. This sort of business was supposed to have been stopped by the authorities but it still goes on. Last year on renewal the price dropped by £50 from the price quoted in the morning. The call centre bod could not explain the difference.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom