Car cutting out on start up or when driving down road or on motorway

Rabtek26

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2.1 deisel 2006
Hi guys my 2006 c class deisel on start up will just cut out 2 or 3 times then start and will drive OK then sometimes I could be driving along at 30 or even alot faster and it can cut out with no warning its had new fuel filter service been done in past but still cuts out any idea guys cheers is done around 134459 love this car so don't want to get rid of it unless I really have to

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Dodgy fuel pump?? Pure guess....

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
No fault codes at all suggests it isn’t likely to be a fuel supply problem. Crankshaft position sensor is a possibility. They sometimes don’t leave a fault code. Fairly cheap thing to try

denchen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 B180d W247
My old C270 did similar, turned out to be a very small air leak on the fuel filter connection

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom