Car does not unlock with Fob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcglynn

New Registration
Reaction score
Bought my '99 E300 TD a couple of weeks ago. It has one of those smart key things, and the remote unlock has stopped working. I can unlock with the "master" key, but then have to press the "lock" button to turn off the alarm. That works, and I can then drive the car ok.

Any idea why unlock has stopped working? The boot release and lock still work perfectly.

thanks in advance.

best regards,
jim

geek

Reaction score
Take your car to the dealer. I had exactly the same problem with my 2001 C Class (W203). They had to change the keys and the ignition. It was all covered by the mobilo warranty and they provided a replacement car free as well, whilst they were waiting for parts etc.. :lol:

piestore

Reaction score
key fault

Hi

sounds like a faulty remote order a new one via mb, ID and V5 will be required. Also if it is an old key you will need a new blade ( manual key) remote is avialable next working day the blade will take 5-10 days the remote is not expensive about 45 quid I think, cheap next to my citroen remote at 70 quid. If it is any consolation if it is the original key it is probably near the end of it's life anyway the rolling code is only good for 200,000 operations after this the key is useless

Arnie

Reaction score
still, if you use it 4-times a day, that's 136 years!!!

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Even after 136years there will be somebody saying "they don't make em like they use too" or "I'm supprised it packed up. I wonder if I can get warranty?" ha ha

Regards all

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom