Car Suddenly bends on turni g side

Rizwan.arif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2008/2.2
Hi I own a 2008 Mercedes E220. I have couple of issues with it which needs some of your guidance to helpe sort out

1.Since last October I started having problem while turning to the right only. When I turn right at round about or at bends at fair speed(not really fast just normal speed) I hear some grinding noise coming from pessenger side front wheel and it only happens occasionly not on every turn unlike CV joint problem. And also sometime when its slippery or turning over a metal (main hole covers) the car will suddenly turn to right. You feel it like suddenly wheel had more turn to the right. And this only happens when turning to right. Left turning is all fine. Now I have took the car to Mercedes and they did not find any visible problem or wear and tear to linkages or bushes or any other steering parts. Also I had the MOT done on my car and it passed right away. Infact I asked the guy at MOT station too if there was anything wrong with wheels or steering parts like play or anything else and he said all is fine and in good working order. Now what I have so far established is that there is problem on the near side(pessenger side front wheel) which is causing this problem. But i am not sure what is the cause. My wild guess is, it could be the wheel bearing but cannot be sure about it. So any advise would be appreciated.

2. While accelerating from 25mph to 35mph sometimes I feel the car is jerking. But it goes away while 35mph speed is achieved. It happens quite often. I have checked few forums where they advised it could b low fuel in the transmission box. Any ideas.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rizwan.arif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2008/2.2
I just changed my tyres last month and the problem was existed before i had new tyres fitted.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
John beat me to it - but your subsequent comment rules out tyres.

A broken coil spring is a Merc common problem. If your ns spring is broken - and a break near the bottom hanger is very easy to miss - this could cause your symptoms. That's a shot in the dark really, but worth checking.

My CLC broke a front ns spring and I drove it like this for weeks, wondering why the handling was not as sharp as I remembered, before finding the 'hidden' cause.

... and yes, it could easily pass an Mot with a broken spring!

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Are you seeing the yellow traction control triangle flashing on the dashboard while the problem is occuring?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Worn or badly corroded reluctor ring triggering abs on that wheel?

OP
R

Rizwan.arif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2008/2.2
Thank you guys for your replies.
Okay i am not seeing any traction light warning comming in dash when this happening. Onmy thing is may b I need to have a look at spring coil that could be a possibility. Will have a look tomorrow and update.
However I dont think its ABS either.
The problem just occured again as I wa turning right road was lil bit slippery though. What happened while I was turning right, all of sudden tyres will turn a little more to the right themselves amd car will try to skid forward due to momentum.

OP
R

Rizwan.arif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2008/2.2
@V6Matty what you trying to say is that bad reluctor is triggering ABS only on the left side which is causing the grinding sound?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Thought so but if your not seeing the traction light coming on then possibly not that then
As you have the wheel off when you check the springs have a good look at the hubs nd see I they are daly corroded,

OP
R

Rizwan.arif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2008/2.2
Okay I googled it and found a video on Youtube, where the guy mentioned the smae problem as mine and had it fixed by changing the lower ball joint has said try changing the lower ball joint. So i will give it a try and keep you guys updated.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
if the issue started last oct and its a ball joint you should be able to check that out fairly easily jack and bar . block the car before.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom