Carsoft 7.4 and steering fluid fault on a 2002 W210 e430

punkieys17

Reaction score
After 16 years I finally had to top up the steering fluid - following a dashboard error message. While I am hoping its not a fault developing in then self levelling suspension (fluid level seems stable so far) my problem is clearing the fault message in carsoft. I had hoped it would be one of those messages that clears automatically. My car has both the round 38 pin and the OBD2 port (never really understood when to use which one). However on the Carsoft lists of analogue and digital errors I cannot find a reference to either SPS (speed sensitive steering) or EPS (electronic power steering). Can anyone guide me to the right module please - rather than having to run through complete analogue and digital diagnostics.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
If memory serves you'll find SPS errors stored in the traction control/ABS module.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom