Changing wing mirror LED on a c205

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Has anybody done this DIY yet?

Car is 3 weeks out of warranty and I just noticed the passenger side one is dead :eek:

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Anybody?

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Just incase anybody else runs into this. Its a 20 minute job first time. 5 minutes if you have done one before.

Mercedes quoted me £145+VAT to change it. I bought the part for £30 delivered (genuine Merc) and now it works perfectly.

They have changed the part to a newer style so I might change the drivers side as a precaution.

1 month outside of warranty. Live cable was split almost in 2. No doubt spiked the LED driver as I tried repairing the cable and still the same (very very dull light).

Oh well. Fixed in the time it takes to drink a brew and at £115+VAT saving. Robbing ******s,

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
You dont need to remove the glass. You can press the clips holding the cover off (x3 of 4) with a long flat head screwdriver by carefully moving the mirror about. Fr there remove the camera (if you have 360) using a t10 torx. Unplug and wiggle the dead led out. Put all back together.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom