CHERISHED NUMBERS. Show us yours!

A210AMG

Reaction score
Hello,

Any idea what these are worth? Some on retention.

T1NY K
SLX 280
SW5 1AND
C2BER

I've had C2BER on my cars for several years now always gets looks

thanks

Patty

New Registration
Reaction score
dscf2242jw81.jpg

My plate as you can see is slightly out of place:p God knows why its on this heap, but it was there when we bought the car!

maiga

Reaction score
I bought my '89 300CE with KFV 57S on it. Presumably it had once belonged to someone named Kevin with a penchant for Superglue and black screwcaps. I'm really not a cherished number kind of a guy (although in my dark fantasies when I rightfully rule the world I shall travel around in an 'Adenauer' Type 300 with 'MSJ 1' plates).

I will put it back on a 'Gxxx ABC' plate if I can ever be ersed.

type49

Reaction score
Why is it some very old road going cars that have 3 numbers/3 letters but the reg is non transferrable. What makes one reg transferrable & one not??

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Why is it some very old road going cars that have 3 numbers/3 letters but the reg is non transferrable. What makes one reg transferrable & one not??
You may find that these old cars have Scottish plates. The previous owner may well have sold the original plate and the DVLA then issues a suitable age plate to the old car, this plate then becomes non transferable. The reason that Scottish plates are issued is that there were fewer issued originally so they are still available.
It also happens on newer vehicles if you take off a cherished plate the number issued to the car (normally the original plate) by the DVLA becomes non transferable.

JONRW

Reaction score
Hi all....

I've just bought my first ever private plate 'J10N R W' for the CLK, the company I bought it from said they will send me the plates but they will read:
J10 NRW - as its illegal to have them space differently - obviously I want it to read 'JON R W' - can I get 'spaced' plates made up ?

Hope so, otherwise I just wasted a couple of hundred quid !

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi all....

I've just bought my first ever private plate 'J10N R W' for the CLK, the company I bought it from said they will send me the plates but they will read:
J10 NRW - as its illegal to have them space differently - obviously I want it to read 'JON R W' - can I get 'spaced' plates made up ?

You can get 'Show' plates on the Internet for off road and show use only ;-)

mlc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 S320, 2003 SLK230, 1972 350SL
You can get 'Show' plates on the Internet for off road and show use only ;-)

We have matching plates on our S and SLK, both need to be unspaced to read as our surname. We bought them just after we married in 2000. We have show plates which we use for - Shows.

Sadly I often forget to swap them back, in fact I need reminding every year at MOT time, then the garage checks that the legal plates are still in the boot and that they are good and legal :)

You can buy show plates on the Internet, but the best place is actually at Shows, no delay and you can select exactly what you want.

Mark.

JONRW

Reaction score
Nice one Mark - thanks for the advice.

I'll make sure the the original plates are in the Boot all the time, just in case, but obviously I sadly forget to include a screwdriver !!!

I now need to find a 'Show' to purchase them from.

Thanks again

type49

Reaction score
You may find that these old cars have Scottish plates. The previous owner may well have sold the original plate and the DVLA then issues a suitable age plate to the old car, this plate then becomes non transferable. The reason that Scottish plates are issued is that there were fewer issued originally so they are still available.
It also happens on newer vehicles if you take off a cherished plate the number issued to the car (normally the original plate) by the DVLA becomes non transferable.

Cheers Cat, would that explain way loads of these old type plates have S in the middle??

OP
C

cherished numbers

Reaction score
Website
 www.berlinetta.co.uk
Hi all....

Try www.fancyplates.com

Russell L B

Reaction score
if anyone out theres initals are WPH, i have on retetion 663 WPH. that i will sell if anyones interested.:)

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
P Plate

I have E14 ERC on my 2001 E class which on my "show plates" and coincidental alignment of fixing bolts reads....

E 14ERC

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi all....

If you read the rules with DVLC they say that illegally spaced letters can be confiscated.

I have the same problem but live with it

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 20

Balal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R230
I have a number plate

MBW 708N ..... thats on my clk (W208 ) ... the idea was that it would read
"MB W708N" ....
anyways! whats the easy way to sell a number plate (given its not teh most attractive number) ... I have found a plate that reads my name so thought that be better, so this wont be needed.

Shambolic

Reaction score
Saw a new renault clio today with the regi GAY 80Y couldnt believe it a nearly crashed tryingto point it out to the wife!!
I had a wee chuckle wish I had the camera with me!

JONRW

Reaction score
I just tried to drill a couple of holes in a new set of plates, the new private plates I purchased, and I have lacerated my thumb big time.

The drill bit got stuck in the acrylic plate and snapped a piece out of it and then somehow I managed to take 3 big chunks out of the side of my thumb in the process !

I think I should have used a pilot hole first and gradually made the holes bigger with slightly bigger drill bits each time - lesson learn't.

I need to do the whole process again, with a new set of plates as I've totally ruined this set, any advice on acrylic drilling welcomed ???

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom