chris

C

chriswood

I have a 1999 230 SLK,33000 miles, it has started to stall in trafffic and when decelerating quickly, I have put in two tankfulls of fuel cleaner to no effect, has anyone any ideas, thanks.

Ron Palfrey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 Elegance 1994
Are you using supermarket petrol?

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Get the fault codes read then take it from there. It should point you in the right direction. But I would be looking at the throttle flap area as the problem.

OP
C

chriswood

I always use Shell petrol
When first started the idling is approx 800 RPM until warmed up then drops to about 500 RPM, in traffic it tends to drop down further and either stalls or almost stalls with the battery light flickering it also hesitates when accelerating from a standstill in traffic.
thanks for the comments so far, I have booked it in to have the fault codes read on monday so will see what happens.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
I suspect the engine coolant temperature sender used by the ECU

OP
C

chriswood

Had my fault codes read on Monday at my local merc dealer £29 quite reasonable i thought,faulty air mass sensor detected, about £430 at my dealer but I bought the original bosch part from my local bosch dealer for £183 and fitted it in 10 minuites, all back to normal now, thanks to all for your help
Chris

Ron Palfrey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 Elegance 1994
Good result Chris, thank you feeding back.

This is how we all learn.

Ron

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom