Christmas.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Actually, I'm just in the countryside near Livingston, the town that doth not speak its name.
So it’s either of.....Kirknewton, Bellsquarry, Broxburn....or....?
Just noticed my spelling /autocorrect before , meant Gorgie!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I am in Bo'ness, so we are not that far away :) But yes, i prefer the west side of Edinburgh ;)
I’m an ex Linlithgow man Pedro, know Bo’ness very well, my sister and brother in law lived there for years before moving North (Craigfoot cottage on the lower road)...
West is best (and Maroon HHGH)

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
It's being ruined by the building of 1000 upmarket houses, none of which are worth anywhere near the asking prices. The Main street is awash with Q7s and Qashqias parked like they fell out of the sky. It now takes ten minutes to drive through the village at 7:30am on the way to work. You can't get near a doctor. The schools are overflowing and there's strange folk with designer scarves and green wellies roaming the street with dugs in their handbags. Apparently, the tattoo shop in the village has a waiting list. It used to be a really nice but strangely segregated little place. You had the original "Miner's Raw" on the Main Street, The "Cooncil hooses" in the middle of the village and the "Boat hooses" at the top of the hill. There are no rivers there. It's literally hooses that folk have "boat". (bought). Now the three sectors have united against the "Wa*kers fae Embra" (from Edinburgh, our dear Capital city).

Lovin' life!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It's being ruined by the building of 1000 upmarket houses, none of which are worth anywhere near the asking prices. The Main street is awash with Q7s and Qashqias parked like they fell out of the sky. It now takes ten minutes to drive through the village at 7:30am on the way to work. You can't get near a doctor. The schools are overflowing and there's strange folk with designer scarves and green wellies roaming the street with dugs in their handbags. Apparently, the tattoo shop in the village has a waiting list. It used to be a really nice but strangely segregated little place. You had the original "Miner's Raw" on the Main Street, The "Cooncil hooses" in the middle of the village and the "Boat hooses" at the top of the hill. There are no rivers there. It's literally hooses that folk have "boat". (bought). Now the three sectors have united against the "Wa*kers fae Embra" (from Edinburgh, our dear Capital city).

Lovin' life!
We had that in Lithca too- somewhat ruined the character to be honest. Haven’t been to East Calder for a long time...erm about 20 years I’m guessing- strangely last time there I nipped into a pub for a quick pint and bumped into an old school friend from Stoneyburn Davy Black (when I went to Blackburn Academy), that was strange....

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
We had that in Lithca too- somewhat ruined the character to be honest. Haven’t been to East Calder for a long time...erm about 20 years I’m guessing- strangely last time there I nipped into a pub for a quick pint and bumped into an old school friend from Stoneyburn Davy Black (when I went to Blackburn Academy), that was strange....

Totally agree. Lithca is a different, mainstream middle class wee toon now. Astronomical house prices and not a local accent in the place. How times change. Mrs 13156 and I were car sharing a couple of years back and she spotted that the Grove Bar at the bottom of the hill in the village had a fence around it one morning and commented that it needed doing up. The next morning her comment was "Where's the Grove?" It had been demolished and removed. Four weeks later we had a Tesco Express. The start of the downhill spiral.

Pedro Everett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C220 CDI SPORT ESTATE
I’m an ex Linlithgow man Pedro, know Bo’ness very well, my sister and brother in law lived there for years before moving North (Craigfoot cottage on the lower road)...
West is best (and Maroon HHGH)
Such a small world :D We have to meet for a coffee sometime.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom