Classic MB Wheel Trim

kevinororke

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2000 (X) black W202 C Class with steel wheels and crap wheel trims (covers). I don't want to buy alloys and have always fancied the old-style wheel trims as fitted to most Mercs years ago. From a distance these look as though they are old fashioned coloured hub caps with a big MB logo in the centre. In fact they are full sized wheel trims. (see image) I've located a breaker in the Midlands who will sell me 4 trims of the correct diameter with a black hub centre / silver star logo at a very reasonable price. Does anybody know if the fitting clip design for these trims has remained the same over the years ?

Regards, Kevin

Attachments

• mb2.jpg
    mb2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28

tom7035

Reaction score
kevinororke said:
Hi, I've got a 2000 (X) black W202 C Class with steel wheels and crap wheel trims (covers). I don't want to buy alloys and have always fancied the old-style wheel trims as fitted to most Mercs years ago. From a distance these look as though they are old fashioned coloured hub caps with a big MB logo in the centre. In fact they are full sized wheel trims. (see image) I've located a breaker in the Midlands who will sell me 4 trims of the correct diameter with a black hub centre / silver star logo at a very reasonable price. Does anybody know if the fitting clip design for these trims has remained the same over the years ?

Regards, Kevin
Hi Kevin. I'm quite sure these will have the old, standard claw-like toothed grips (I'm sure there's an easier description!), five I think around the edge, which are simply bumped into position in the wheel well with the heel of the hand. Obviously the trims must be for the same wheel diameter!

Top Bottom