Climate control C240 - Control air direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1

Reaction score
I have 2 problems one relates to de-misting and the other to unable to get cold air in footwell.  I have an October 2000 C240 elegance. In the cold weather when starting from cold and the windscreen mists up it takes a long time to de-mist but the frustrating point is that the passenger side clears well before the drivers side. The level of air coming from each side is noticeably different. My dealer has attempted to put this right with little success.
The second problem is that on a hot day I am unable to get any cold air in to the footwell rather than all at face and screen level. Wether this is due to the dealer attempting to direct more air to the screen to assist with the first problem I don,t know. Should the climate control be operating this way? Do I need a complete reset?  

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Climate control C240

Hi Jerry,

Its interesting to note that the passenger side demisted much quicker than the os. Well this is due to the heater box being designed for LHD vehicles.This has been noticable since the 123's first appeared here. There is nothing you will be able to do about that.

I doubt the dealers have caused any other problems. Before I comment on the actual operation of the climate control. I will check my facts.

Regards
Andy @www.mercedesservicing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom