Clk 230 sport R reg

suziguns

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me with a problem that has just started to occur with my Merc.
When driving it is losing power but then will have a surge of power and then run ok for a while, if I am on Motorway I can get to 80mph then asking for more it dips and then surges again.....any ideas???????????

Thanks Guys

SuziGuns

tintin

Reaction score
Hi Suzy - I am new here, but I think this bit is for feedback about the site/forum. This would get more replies if it were in the 'General MB' section. Can you re-post your question there? Or maybe a Moderator will be able to move it for you.

I have been considering getting a R/S/T reg CLK. How do you find the car to drive and handle? Are you happy with it? Has it been reliable?

OP
S

suziguns

Reaction score
Hey Tintin

Hi Tintin.

Thanks for pointing that out to me as when I signed up and then posted my thread I went and read after that I had put it in the wrong place and felt at right muppet.....:rolleyes:
Anyway, yes I love my car to bits, it has been really great to drive and handle I have only just started having these few hiccups with it.... I am crossing my fingers that its not serious...three months ago my timing chain came up through rocker cover( think I have explained that the right way) but all done and dusted now so just this next prob to sort and I would be happy.
Definately get one, lovely to drive and although now starting to be the older shape I still think they have a great look.
My ideal would be the SL55 AMG..................but would have to sell my horses and land and probably shoot and bury my husband in the garden to raise funds to buy and insure the damn thing....... still it may happen!!!;)

Great to meet you Tintin, keep in touch...let me know what you get

Suziguns

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As it is a technical question I have moved it to the appropriate section :)

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
My 240 did the same thing, put your foot down and then a couple of seconds later it was asif you'd pressed it another inch or so. Turned out to be the MAS and O2 sensors that were on the way out.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom