CLK Easy entry

paulhillsw

Reaction score
Hello, I have a CLK 270cdi the drivers seat does not move backwards on exit the steering wheel moves up and away ok. Have checked in menu settings and it is set for seat & steering wheel to move. Car is 2004 and still under warranty. Many thanks

Dave's E55 AMG

Reaction score
Your seat needs to be referenced, do this by moving the seat all the way forward then all the back then up and down to its maximum points. This will reset the seat and once you have set your driving position it should be ok.

OP
P

paulhillsw

Reaction score
Will give it a try later & let u know many thanks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The seat only moves within certain parameters. It won't move back if its already beyond a certain position. So, if the Wife is driving it, the seat will move back, but if I am it doesn't. This is because if it were to move back automatically from my position (I'm 6ft), there is a risk of squashing the rear passengers.

OP
P

paulhillsw

Reaction score
Your seat needs to be referenced, do this by moving the seat all the way forward then all the back then up and down to its maximum points. This will reset the seat and once you have set your driving position it should be ok.

Have tried to reference seat as advised seat still not moving back,even from my wifes driving pos right under the steering wheel

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom