CLK320 2001 No brakes.

Bassman Rob

Reaction score
OI lost, I don't know what you call it, stage 1 of the brakes?? Anyhow, swapped master brake cylinder and pedal still goes to floor, tested brake booster pipe by putting thumb over the pulled vacuum pipe from servo and engine revs dropped so I assumed the vacuum pipe was good and replaced brake booster.... Topped up fluid again and worked the pedal. Brake fluid dropped about 8mm and settled but still no different in resistance and pedal still goes to the floor.... Thinking the 'thumb' test for the booster to manifold pipe might be inaccurate and will stich a gauge on it instead, as the pipe might open up under far more duress, other than that, I'm at a loss as to what else to try? Any help or guidance warmly received... Cheers, Rob.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Rob you need to buy a vacuum tool, and then suck the fluid from each cylinder . Sonds like you have lots of air in the system after replacing brake parts . put some greas on the tube that goes onthe bleeder screw

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom