clutch replacement

HyperUniverse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD OM606
I need to start another thread somehow connected to the previous I've started about the anti-jerk system.

This time I need to know how hard is to replace the clutch?
I've done it on other cars, but not on a Mercedes.
Do I need to remove the engine?
Or can it be done just removing the gearbox from underneath?

Someone mentioned: "The problem (jerkying) could be with the light weight flywheel! These Engines like some weight behind them I know a 240d flywheel on a 300d will cause this problem on the 5cylinder diesel because it is to light"

Right now I have a lightweight solid flywheel from 190e cosworth,
and the clutch is special made sinter clutch by Techniclutch

Anyway I need to replace the sinter clutch, as I want to pull a caravan, and this sinter one doesn't allow any slip.
When I'll be pulling the caravan I will need some slip, especially when starting driving uphill from still.

Which clutch shall I go for?
dual mass / or single mass?

anybody got a suggestion?

Anyway the clutch is a must replacement...even if it fixes the jerkying problem or not.

thanks.

OP
H

HyperUniverse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD OM606
someone mentioned that I could fit a Sprinter flywheel with its clutch kit in my arrangement (om606 engine + getrag dogleg 5 sp manual gearbox).
but he only mentioned an older than '98 Sprinter.
he didn't specify any engine size or anything else.

Can anybody comment on this?

thanks

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom