Connecting to internet

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
Evening,

i have a W205 C300 on a 20 plate and just recently connection to the internet which i use for the live traffic has been erractic.

Around last week the live traffic would not start, this went on for the whole day whilst travelling around, handbook suggest bad 4g coverage but on one occasion i was sat within eyesight of a 4/5g mast and nothing, then the next day it will work without any issue and so on, today it worked when i first used the car, did around 3 miles...an hour later went to return home and nothing. yesterday i travelled from West Sussex to Windsor and the whole journey there and back no service.

Is there a hard result of the system i could try? i dont want to take it to the garage as on March 1st a new car is coming...

Thanks

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Its very rare I dont have 4G coverage on my iPhone in the car, I use WAZE. So I dont think cellphone coverage will be your problem.
I have no knowledge of the car internet system, both are cars dont have it. But I would be looking at the internet connection set up, can you do a reset? I assume your radio & cellphone connections are working?
I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Evening,

i have a W205 C300 on a 20 plate and just recently connection to the internet which i use for the live traffic has been erractic.

Around last week the live traffic would not start, this went on for the whole day whilst travelling around, handbook suggest bad 4g coverage but on one occasion i was sat within eyesight of a 4/5g mast and nothing, then the next day it will work without any issue and so on, today it worked when i first used the car, did around 3 miles...an hour later went to return home and nothing. yesterday i travelled from West Sussex to Windsor and the whole journey there and back no service.

Is there a hard result of the system i could try? i dont want to take it to the garage as on March 1st a new car is coming...

Thanks
A number of us have had this problem recently so it’s not you - see this thread:

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
Ahhh thanks, did a search but didnt find anything.....
thought it couldnt just be me...but then again with mu luck anything is poss :)

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I posted regarding this last week (see above). Car went into the garage on Thursday as MB didn't seem to be aware of any issues their side, and they applied some software updates to the COMAND system. So far (touch wood) it's been behaving since the updates.

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
The car is out of warranty so dont want to spend out, was yours a warranty job or was it chargable?
The car is going on March 1st so dont want to pay as i can live with the issue until then.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Ahhh thanks, did a search but didnt find anything.....
thought it couldnt just be me...but then again with mu luck anything is poss :)
Mercedes Customer Service are usually very good - call them using the “i “ button in the car. If there is a general issue, at the moment, they may be aware. I haven’t used mine for a few days but it seemed to be alright for the last couple of trips so was, perhaps, just a short term issue,

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I have the MB extended warranty, though not sure if that covers software updates, but there was no charge for it.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
No Live Traffic for me at all today

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
did like a 30mile round trip today, one way no Live traffic, return trip it came on straight away!

surely its got to be a Supplier issue rather than the cars.... in 8 weeks it wont be a problem anymore for me but still hope it comes back on in the mean time and for everyone else as its so useful.
As my car doesnt have Carplay, Waze on the phone is next to useless for me for traffic.

heres hoping.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
If I get a moment, I may raise it with Mercedes Me Customer Services to see if it’s a known issue.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
No Live Traffic for me at all today
Touch wood, since they did the software update it's been ok, though sometimes takes a couple of minutes to show traffic, but I think it's always done that in occasions.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I did an online via the Mercedes Me app and got the following reply:

“Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz about the issue with Live Traffic Information service. Apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused you. It is a general connectivity issue affecting the whole UK. We as Mercedes are working on a resolution for the issue.

We kindly ask you to reply to this email providing us with the following information that will be helpful in investigating the issue further:”

They want a photo of the head unit when Live Traffic isn’t working and time/date when the app isn’t updating

We went for a walk this afternoon. No live traffic when we set off but it was working later on. Nothing at all on the return journey

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
I did an online via the Mercedes Me app and got the following reply:

“Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz about the issue with Live Traffic Information service. Apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused you. It is a general connectivity issue affecting the whole UK. We as Mercedes are working on a resolution for the issue.

We kindly ask you to reply to this email providing us with the following information that will be helpful in investigating the issue further:”

They want a photo of the head unit when Live Traffic isn’t working and time/date when the app isn’t updating

We went for a walk this afternoon. No live traffic when we set off but it was working later on. Nothing at all on the return journey
at least they are aware something is wrong, just depends on how long they take to fix.....

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
at least they are aware something is wrong, just depends on how long they take to fix.....
The shame is that the dealers don't seem to be aware of this. I explicitly asked when booking my car in they weren't aware of any general issues. Also, I was premature with my comment above. It is still unreliable connection which makes sense given Srdl's post.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
My Live Traffic didn’t work at all yesterday but the status updated on the Mercedes Me app around 10pm last night so the car was online then.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
My Live Traffic now seems fine - for the moment

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
As of Friday, mine worked as it should. connected straight away when starting the car.....early part of the week never worked tues/wed, intermitently on Thursday, the is coming week we will see...fingers crossed

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Mine was off all the way from B'ham to Heathrow on Tuesday, but worked coming back on Friday and when I went out yesterday.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
No problems recently until this morning. Live Traffic didn’t work first thing but was working on the return journey.

Top Bottom