Cup and saucer indication

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C 220 BLUETEC / D
Apologies if this has already been discussed but, as a newbie, I'm not keen to look through thousands of posts to check.
I have an indicator light on my cluster showing a cup and saucer. Various people I've asked have said its a reminder to take a break but nowhere can I find how to reset it or turn it off.
Help please.

Attachments

• IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3158.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 27

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Apologies if this has already been discussed but, as a newbie, I'm not keen to look through thousands of posts to check.
I have an indicator light on my cluster showing a cup and saucer. Various people I've asked have said its a reminder to take a break but nowhere can I find how to reset it or turn it off.
Help please.
The coffee cup just means that Attention Assyst is active, there's nothing to reset. If the car detects you are tired, then a big message will come up in the display warning you to stop and have a rest. Just press the "OK" button (to show that you're awake enough to have seen the message :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Its a system called 'Attention Assist' that monitors how you are driving each time you start the car. When it senses you are tired it pings and gives a display in the dash.

On later cars you may be able to turn it of using the steering wheel controls like in this vid:

Easier just to leave it on unless you drive erratically and for too many hours in a day :D:D

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Yup!

On mine it comes up with an alert to take a break.

It can be turned off or status changed to make it less bothersome via steering wheel buttons.

Robin

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Mines got that many gadgets, i thought it was indicating a coffee maker on board. ;) :)

OP
Colin Stirling Jones
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C 220 BLUETEC / D
Thanks to AJD, Keefysher and Headhurts. I now know what it is and how to enable/disable it. Mystery solved.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
How does it sense you're tired? :confused:

If you drift across lanes, go over rumble strips, make erratic steering movements or drive for too many hours without stopping. Sort of things tired motorists do ;);) My W211 x2 & W221 would alert after 5 hours continuous driving. The W211s would show it when going over blacked out shoulder lines and crosshatches on the M25 when they were widening it.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom