Dash Cam Requirement

healden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 S350L
I have a 2015 S350L that I would like to have a front and rear dash cam installed in.

My first port of call was the dealer who said they don't fit them. They did however recommend a third party but he never answers his phone.

Next I took the brave step of trying Halfords, who said "no problem" and booked it in to be done this morning. When I returned one hour later I was informed that the car was too well built for the installation to take place.

I then rang Mercedes UK who simply said they don't fit dash cams and won't recommend any one that does.

Can anyone help please, or do I give up?!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They are very easy to install in the front, much harder for the rear, I have one in my 2 door S class and a very simple job, the end of the dash unclips,, the A pillar trim is only held with a nut under the badge and thats it, just the wire to join up.

To do one in the rear is much harder as its seats out etc.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
I installed a Mini0801 in my S class a few years ago - very easy to set up, no problems and good quality images. And discrete. And not expensive . .

I believe the latest version is the Mini0805 - have a look on the DASHCAM site.

OP
H

healden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 S350L
Dash Cam

Television & Tode:- thank you both for your prompt responses.

Whilst I am fairly technical for my age I am not the most mobile person and was hoping therefore for the name of an organization that I could trust to do the job for me.

I would like both front and rear done so I guess some knowledge of S Classes would be good, so that it is returned without rattles etc.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I have fitted both front and rear dashcams in my S204.

It was not a hard exercise, and the wires concealed easily. The rear camera is powered from the accessory socket in the boot space, and the front one from the socket in the glove box.

One huge benefit that I had not foreseen is that, when a following car begins to tailgate me and sees the rear camera (it is a gold colour, so it shows up easily), the guy soon backs off.

Umble.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Noticing your location, it may be worth having a word with Lee at DB Audio as he's not too far from you. He doesn't mention dash cams on his website, though I'm sure that he would be able to help, or at least point you in the direction of someone who could.

He recently fitted a navigation/radio all singing and dancing type thing in one of my cars and did a great job, more noticeable when the interface had a problem and he was straight back to replace it as soon as I told him. The difference between a good fitter and a bad one is how they sort any problems out, so he definitely gained points here to me. :D

OP
H

healden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 S350L
Dash Cams

Thanks for your input both of you. Umble, I shall give the organisation you suggest a call tomorrow.

Thanks again
Healden

OP
H

healden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 S350L
Thank you

Daveenty. I contacted Lee as you suggested and the job is now done.
Perfect service, knowledge and price good also. I did get nervous when I looked out of the window and saw him using an electric drill though.
I would recommend this chap to anyone.
Many thanks:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So pleased it all turned out well, you cannot beat a recommendation for this type of work.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I have a 2015 S350L that I would like to have a front and rear dash cam installed in.

My first port of call was the dealer who said they don't fit them. They did however recommend a third party but he never answers his phone.

Next I took the brave step of trying Halfords, who said "no problem" and booked it in to be done this morning. When I returned one hour later I was informed that the car was too well built for the installation to take place.

I then rang Mercedes UK who simply said they don't fit dash cams and won't recommend any one that does.

Can anyone help please, or do I give up?!!!

have a look for synergy automotive electronics. they are in chippenham wilts i went to look last time i was home and i really like it and may pick one up in aug when i go back again,if it will fit in the car properly.. see you have dealt with yr matter ,however someone else might be looking a solution.

Last edited:

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
I have 2 dash cams: Transcend on my S Class and some cheap chinese on my ML.
Will upgrade later this year as new Ultra HD are under review and development.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom