dashcam cable/ A post/ pillar airbag query C207 (E350 coupe 2014)

trampo88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Sport Coupe 2014 (C207)
Hi - just setting up my car as want it since buying last month - I have a nextbase dashcam I took out of my old car (ml320). I'd like to tuck the cable behind the 'A post' trim and the headlining but just wondering if I am likely to do any stupid, like set the airbag off! Anyone fitted a dashcam this, or any other tidy way? I have found a live feed on the RH side where there are some fuses behind a cover, unless there is something to come off from on the overhead console?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Tucking it under the trim is just fine .... that's where I've put the cable on the dash cams I've fitted. All air bags still intact :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As per above, just feed the cables carefully - you can take the trim off without too much agro so you can see where the airbag is and feed the cables behind it.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I just ran the cable across the top of the A Pillar (behind the trim) and then inside V of the rubber door seal. Then just push the door seal back and the cable is neatly tucked away with no chance of fouling the airbag should it need to deploy.
As for 'will it go off`?" No. There's a lot of unfounded fear around airbags. They don't just go bang because you'd disturbed it, knocked it or otherwise bashed it. If they did, they'd go off when you hit a pot hole. They need a proper trigger voltage from the control system to set them off. In truth, you could probably play football with an airbag and not set it off.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom