1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demister and aircon not working

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by john.james82, Jan 31, 2018.

1. john.james82

john.james82 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
    Guys, there is no air coming from my windscreen demister or air vents. The air control unit turns on and you can increase fan speed and temperature etc but nothing happens.

Any idea were I looking to start looking to sort this?

Could the car need the air con refilled/regased? From search it seems that when this is required the air con will work but then switch off in 5-10mins. Mine stays on but there is no air.

Its a E350, 2010, C207.

2. OP
    john.james82

john.james82 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
    I've also just noticed that a very low humming sound can be heard when the air is switched on

3. OP
    john.james82

john.james82 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
    Update - I got myself a Carsoft MB ii scanner. It gave the below codes.

A10D21 the power supply is too low
    90B349 electric heater booster 1 has a malfunction

Can anybody point me in the right direction to start investigating how to fix the air? I'm not having much luck with Google.

Also, I stupidity cleared the codes using the scanner. Now when i rescan there are no error codes. Is there a way to get these back. The code said "Stored".

4. mikestrivens

mikestrivens Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
    Probably got a leak in the system somewhere. The condensor at the front is a favourite as it gets hit with all the crud from the road. Need to get a dye put in the system to see where it is leaking.

5. Paul Goff

Paul Goff Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2002 C220CDi CD Estate

It is quite possible that a simple lack of airflow into the cabin is not related to the air conditioning per se!

If you are getting no air flow from some or all of the vents regardless of temperature setpoint and whether the air conditioning is switched on or off, you could have problems with the air control motors/flaps failing/sticking.

There is a set up/reset procedure for the flaps which you may be able to do yourself, however I do not know how to do it on your car, perhaps someone else can help with this?

6. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    Also check the pollen filter isn't clogged. Its a common thing for them to be 'overlooked' when doing a service (but still charged for).

Paul Goff likes this.