do you drive a mercedes commercial vechile ?

do you drive a mercedes commercial vechile ?

• vito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sprinter (lwb)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • sprinter (swb)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.5 tonne and larger

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jayeastanglia

Reaction score
i got a sprinter 316 engined works van with all the lecy bits including sprung seat as my daily drive /and a merc 1018 10 ton truck to move my classic and vintage tractors about.

colechelle

Resigned
Reaction score
i did 130000 miles in my old sprinter in 3 years, only fault ever was main pressure pump blow up in out side lane of motorway, oh and it like to wear n,s,f tyre on the edge, pictures in the gallery!

solardave

New Registration
Reaction score
My 04 311 swb sprinter gear lever is getting harder to engage is there a grease piont or some maintenance needed that i can tackle myself ?. 155k trouble free miles apart from this.

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Hello all,

My van is to old for your poll (Mercedes 208D T1 1990),here is a recent picture of my van.

Adrian

Attachments

• Mercedes 208D T1 1990.jpg
    Mercedes 208D T1 1990.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 33

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i had a VW crafter (rebadged sprinter) where i was working at one stage. LWB high roof. loads of room but not the best drive ive ever had. it was the lowest powered engine too. went ok once wound up but took forever to get it going! preferred the T5 transporters the same company (VW parts) had but preferred my old transit i had, over all of them!

S

steve--o

i run a 310d (1992 ish ) tipper,wonderfull old motor,pull a house down in first gear.
in the uk i ran a 98 310 sprinter,wonderfull van.

here i run a 30-8 iveco (1995 )van and its a fizzing tractor ;)

commercial motors in spain really hold thair money,because of the import & reg taxes,hence you pay 2k here for a 15 year old van.

brakes my heart,when i go on the uk websites,and see what you can get for 3k in the uk. ;)

cheers
Steve ,in sunny Almeria :)

andy1acars

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl and a 210 evolution a class
26 ton Mercedes

I drive an A-CLASS 210 AMG at weekends, a 300SL to work and during the week drive a fleet of 20 Mercedes refuse lorries which all are automatic and have aircon. Some have rear steer which is great but the ones without a joke!The only sad thing is we do about 2000 bins a day and everytime a bin goes on you have to push a button and put it in neutral, and everybody wants to fight you!:)

Shimitoki

New Registration
Reaction score
Website
www.shimitokiboxers.com
Your Mercedes
2008 Mercedes Vito 115 Compact Auto, 2008 Harley Davidso Heritage Softail
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum but I do drive a 2008 Vito 115 Compact Auto, it ia my daily driver as I breed and show dogs and tend to be all over the place with the dogs

Attachments

• van_side_02.JPG
    van_side_02.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 9

NJones59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI Avantgarde
My son drives a Vito with the words Private Ambulance down the side. Unfortunately, given his line of work he isn't allowed to push the performance envelope of the van (sorry ambulance) not that the passengers in the back ever complain :shock:

les123

New Registration
Reaction score
i have a 2007 115 sport and drive it every day for plesure .

stargazer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 esprite
For the last ten years i have drove the Sprinter van long and short wheelbase. working for Mercedes Benz . It was an absolute joy to go to work in the morning .Music on ,sunglasses on,window down ,arm out ,full load in the back .....service station here i come,stock up on choccy and drink ...hit the road......yes it was a white one ...but with a navy blue stripe.Van check each morning ,oil, water lights,horn,indicators never let me down ,mind you we had new van every 3 years!!!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
For the last ten years i have drove the Sprinter van long and short wheelbase. working for Mercedes Benz . It was an absolute joy to go to work in the morning .Music on ,sunglasses on,window down ,arm out ,full load in the back .....service station here i come,stock up on choccy and drink ...hit the road......yes it was a white one ...but with a navy blue stripe.Van check each morning ,oil, water lights,horn,indicators never let me down ,mind you we had new van every 3 years!!!

Well done you. Having been trained by the army, I customarily check the things you mentioned - the sequence was Water, Oil, Fuel, Tyres (WOFT) daily and battery weekly (cells with screw caps and you could check visually).

Not all trucks had indicators in those days, and for convoy driving, lights were used, plus your "friends" always took great joy in advising you the instant a bulb failed!

I worked as a "post office casual" each Christmas for a few years, and one year they gave me a mail van to drive. My ritual daily checks were the source of much curiosity and amusement as I was the only driver in the yard ever to check anything.

My advantage was that I had the oldest van there (which nobody else wanted) so I had "ownership". Other vehicles seemed to be used in a pool system, and with no "owner", no one gave them the tlc they deserved.

Given that you changed every 3 years SG, how many miles would the van have done in that time?

stargazer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 esprite
Well done you. Having been trained by the army, I customarily check the things you mentioned - the sequence was Water, Oil, Fuel, Tyres (WOFT) daily and battery weekly (cells with screw caps and you could check visually).

Not all trucks had indicators in those days, and for convoy driving, lights were used, plus your "friends" always took great joy in advising you the instant a bulb failed!

I worked as a "post office casual" each Christmas for a few years, and one year they gave me a mail van to drive. My ritual daily checks were the source of much curiosity and amusement as I was the only driver in the yard ever to check anything.

My advantage was that I had the oldest van there (which nobody else wanted) so I had "ownership". Other vehicles seemed to be used in a pool system, and with no "owner", no one gave them the tlc they deserved.

Given that you changed every 3 years SG, how many miles would the van have done in that time?

Mercedes have a check list, where everything had to be done daily and signed so it became routine.....like putting your lipstick on :rolleyes:The vans i had were mine alone ,i did approx 1 to 200 miles a day covering the whole of the North West. I still see one of my old vans on the road now 2004 sprinter that had 150,000 on clock . One of the customers bought it ,he got a real bargain, well looked after....GOURANGA !!!!!!!:):)

NormanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabrio, Celica GT4 WRC, Mk 1 Mexico
Over the years I've driven many vans ranging from a Morris J type through to a Sprinter.

As a vehicle to drive the best of the lot was a late 1960s Ford Transit with the 2 litre V4 engine. Sufficient performance to keep up with most contemporary vehicles and it absolutely loved opposite lock!!

RichieMB

Reaction score
I had a couple of 608D's,(4 in total) one of them lasted me a good 12+ years and was probably 10+ years old when I bought it. It was brilliant. A very very strong workhorse. Unfortunately it got stolen by the knackers and I wasn't insured for theft. Bummer. I now have a 312D 1999 Sprinter with Autobox. A little bit slower than a manual g/box but it still easily pulls 90+ if I want it to. Bought it in 2001 . Sometimes it can be a bit of an ass but at the moment I Love it. For work AND play.

Apart from the usual-- bulbs - tyre- etc. I would recommend carrying spare injector pipes as these can just break without warning (esp No. 1 & 2- I've changed both of these twice since I've had it)-and you lose all your fuel - quite quickly! you need a stubby 14mm spanner and a 17mm spanner for roadside repairs. And a torch helps. ( I had to do No. 3 a couple of months back @ Newport Pagnell- Soooo glad I still had one wrapped up in my spares box!-- If I had noticed my fuel guage 30mins earlier tho' I could have saved £70 of fuel!)

- and a spare top hose (inlet) as these can burst- again without warning-easy fix though- screwdriver only..

paul vp uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dualinern04c class elegance 1997
My 04 639 vito dualiner is the first merc i have owned.
she is xlwb 111 i think 2.2lt loads of room had a tow bar fitted to take a small two berth caravan for weekends away with girlie and dog(husky)
had her 15 months now small leak on the fuel pipe ,it wasn't cliped in so was chaffing causing a microscopic leak (£20 squids) merc dealer two unions to unscrew and fixed.
she has been almost faultless so far,
150500 miles on her i put on 14000 so far , very pleased, fitted a camper table in the back so can have lunch in a bit of comfort.(my job is a window fitter now).
great van good lock when turning round ,
hope she keeps runnng ok, hey you never know!!!!!,
just fitted chrome grill and replaced a few broken plastic bits inside, good service from the commercial merc dealer in Tewskbury,
had a recall notice last month, apparently the spare wheel carrier cable is faulty , losing the spare allogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fixed no charge , not bad for a 6 year old vehicle well done mercedes!!!. regards paul vp gloucestershire

Cnics

Reaction score
Website
www.cnics.co.uk
Spare injector pipes already part of my spares kit i keep under the passenger seat of my sprinter 310. Richie i'm VERY jealous of you having a 312 AUTO!!!!! is it a full panel van, what size...... let me know when you want to sell it :)

Rob

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Injector pipes normally fracture due to being insufficiently clamped. Check all your clamps are fitted.

buster651

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 CE, 124 4, 190e, 300te, r107, 1992 r129 sl500 at last
artric 6 and 4 wheel high and standard cab, 18 ton still like my sl best

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom