Do you ever wonder why you bother?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
A bit more 3rd Reich thinking would get the lazy and degenerate tax credit/JSA/benefit brigade off their backsides and do something for that money.

As a debt collector (exercising the banks right of set off) for a bank I get to go thru folks accounts and see what they earn/spend and a lot of folk have tax credits greater than the wage they actually earn. They do earn their wage fair and square, but not the extra £800/m that comes from the tax payer. Its no wonder that the top 2% of tax payers contribute 50% to the economy. Perhaps this money could be used to employ people to fix roads, build new ones (christ Aberdeen, edinburgh, London aren't even linked with a motorway spec road all the way thru)

There are a lot of things that Hitler did that aren't so good but getting the unemployed dross to do something isn't one of them. Reap and sow....

Last edited:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
there will be a lot of people joining the dole queue

who aren't there by choice these days. I've been there in the past myself through no fault of mine, and it's not fun.
Again , there are some who know nothing else and don't want to. That worries me, as I didn't like it one bit, and am not sure about people who do like it, or don't mind it. Not good for all of society, let alone them.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
but the folk joining the dole queue who don't like it will

a) be actively looking for work
b) will have worked and therefore have contributed to the kitty (i.e. broon the cloons coffers).

The folk above will probably get another job if they set their sights lower, I did but its not nearly as well paid as my last one but its a job and actually the most enjoyable/best job I've ever done. Good things can come of losing a job and its not all doom and gloom.

The "underclass" as I call them like having the brew and look for ways to get money without earning it...there is a huge difference.

Rashman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK63 AMG Coupe
Hahaha - finally!... I am amongst my own kind!

I've lowered my car, stiffened the suspension (Koni's & Eibachs) and have 19's on it - I HATE british roads.

I refuse to drive on some roads - I find myself running "recon" missions in my brothers' Vectra to see what state the roads are in! haha.

Having said that, I do not regret any of the modifications I have made.

:)

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Hahaha - finally!... I am amongst my own kind!

Good reason to stick about and get stuck into these threads

I've lowered my car, stiffened the suspension (Koni's & Eibachs) and have 19's on it - I HATE british roads.

I refuse to drive on some roads - I find myself running "recon" missions in my brothers' Vectra to see what state the roads are in! haha.

Having said that, I do not regret any of the modifications I have made.

:)

You're car will look nice and on the few smooth bits of road will be much more fun, but I'll take my standard E class on undersized wheels to tackle the sorry excuses for roads we have here....

Which brings me onto my next bugbear. Cycle lanes, millions has been spend for this non paying road user when roads could have been widened/improved for those vehicles which pay VED/fuel duty etc

Rashman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK63 AMG Coupe
Which brings me onto my next bugbear. Cycle lanes, millions has been spend for this non paying road user when roads could have been widened/improved for those vehicles which pay VED/fuel duty etc

... Good point!!

:D

popuptoaster

Reaction score
and a lot of folk have tax credits greater than the wage they actually earn.

I get tax credits because i am on a low wage, saying thats wrong is crap, if you earn well enough not to need em thats fine, but take them away and a LOT of families would be better off on benifits and stop working altogether.

If there is no incentive for people to work then why would they? All those jobs that pay a low wage would have no one to do them, so companies either put there wages up which puts prices up or go out of business, can you imagine the price hike on supermarket food if Tesco had to double the money of all its shop floor employees????

Some people in this country earn a LOT compared to most of us, my tax credits take us up to AVERAGE wage as do many other families, no offense meant, and i know its earnt and not given but this is a mercedes forum so there are bound to be a large proportion of well off people on here, the most expensive road car i ever bought cost me 1500 quid, i could never afford a new merc, or any car for that matter without resorting to credit.

I'm not complaining i have an ok life, got a council house for me and the missus and kids about 5 years ago and i'm 42 now, we havent been able to afford a holiday for 3 years, but dont have any credit debts, both our cars together cost us under a grand and i save little bits of cash here and there, and do jobs for mates to earn the money to buy bits and bobs for my car, we go out sometimes and enjoy ourselves, spent £55 taking the other half to a local theatre last weekend as a treat and that was our entertainment budget blown for that week, but we're happy with that.

Not everyone who's gets benefits is a scrounger, i had to leave my better paid work due to health problems and could quite easily get myself signed off work altogether, were it not for the tax credits, i'd have to as we couldnt afford to live on my wages, we dont spoil the kids and we dont blow all our money on drink fags and games consoles like people seem to think either.

Much like i'm not gonna say everyone on here is rich cos they have a merc, i find it offensive that its implied getting some money back out of the system is wrong for everyone, thats what the system is for, if you dont like it, bugger off somewhere they dont have a welfare system running and hope you never have need it.

I'm about to start 13 weeks of training (after work) to try and get back into a better paying job, we aint all lazy (well actually i AM pretty lazy but that dont feed to the dog or let me play with my car) ;)

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
Popuptoaster, i understand your post, but that supermarket comparison doesn't add up.

They used to pay decent wages with proper pro rata weekend and overtimes rates etc and still made a very healthy profit.
Their profits now are astronomical and its still not enough for them.

Not your fault i know, just had to chuck my tuppence in there.

On the subject of tax credits, i'm glad for those that need them that they make the salaries up to a reasonable living wage, but its not right in my opinion.
If someone's working hard for a living (i don't include the hundreds of thousands of non jobs that Gormless Gord and his crew have invented to keep themselves in votes) they should be paid a decent living wage for it that would enable them to be nett self sufficient.
Not to be on minimum and poor wage topped up by the taxpayer so certain supermarkets and other similar companies can make huge profits for the benefit of their well heeled shareholders.

Down this road lies ruin for the country, we will have a ever dwindling number of nett tax payers subsidising increasing numbers of people who often through no fault of their own find themselves in bad times.
Not to mention the millions of scroungers both home grown and imported who have every intention of bleeding the country dry, and wingeing about it in the process.

I'm a nett taxpayer before anyone asks and always have been, when my kids were growing i was holding down several jobs and doing 80 to 100 hours a week for years on end to make ends meet, draw from the social, my Dad would turn in his grave.
Before this mess caused by our govt's of the last 30 odd years mostly (they've overseen it so they are responsible) we'll be working like i used to again, that'll shock a lot of em.

Being working class (i am) doesn't mean shirking class, carry on Popup.

P

PanzerMcGrory

I'm about to start 13 weeks of training (after work) to try and get back into a better paying job, we aint all lazy (well actually i AM pretty lazy but that dont feed to the dog or let me play with my car) ;)

Hope you get that job as you will need it to run that pontiac V8 :)

muller1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 Cdi and S type Jag 2.7 Diesel Sport Saloon, and now a VW diesel GT golf
Re Surfacing

Our roads are awful and getting worse,, why not put the unemployed on re surfacing work, but maybe not:(

Do you not mean to resurface the roads WITH the unemployed, we could export a load of them as we have much more than we need.

Mike

Martin-Jundiaí

Reaction score
Pollution

I recently read in a weekly current affairs mag that if you were to add up carbon emissions from cars they still put out much less than aeroplanes. However, you don't hear 'greenies' screaming about aeroplanes or trans-atlantic/pacific shipping for that matter!

I still think trains are the most efficient mass people/cargo movers though.

popuptoaster

Reaction score
Sorry, i get a bit sensitive about things sometimes, the combination of having had a drop in income and my pain medication gets me a bit wound up sometimes, today for instance i was suffering a migraine from about half eight and once it had worn of an hour or so ago i was so annoyed about the wasted day i deliberatly came on here to look for this thread and winge about whatever answers where on here, luckily i thought better of it before writing something stupid. :D

turnipsock

Reaction score
Don't get me started on carbon footprints or green emissions.

When that runway 5 thing at Heathrow had all the protestors and the BBC interviewed the people that couldn't get their flight, there was a group that had their day ruined as they were flying to Budapest for a days shopping, what a tradigy! I think I may be missing something, but it costs a lot of carbon to lift a plane off the ground.

I'm just back from Sweden. The amount of abuse of hand luggage that goes on on planes is stupid. 15kg is aloud in the hold and then you are aloud 10kg of hand luggage...I had none, however I was sitting at the back of the plane. I was first on my feet when the signs went off, but last to get my jacket on, the slowest man down the steps. After I got through passport control, I had to run to get my bag before it went round the belt again. Pity the fools behind me.

I did detect a smirk from the crew as they could see the point I was making.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I know that airport well turnip.

I was coming back one day and I had a bathroom sink in my case, and the girl told me that I was over weight, by 2 kilo.

I asked her if she was going to charge the lady behind me excess baggage as she weighed at least 20 kilo's more than me. there was silence and she passed it through no charge

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I asked her if she was going to charge the lady behind me excess baggage as she weighed at least 20 kilo's more than me. there was silence and she passed it through no charge

Could that be described as a weighty comment?

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

What I would have given to have thought of that one last year whilst trying to negotiate with a rather butch Quantas 'ladee' at Sydney airport check-in:D

Top Bottom