DVD/MP3 Drive

39buss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
I've just bought an S Class 280 04 reg which has the Comand APS and I can't get the disc drive to work. Radio, sat/nav, CD changer and cassette are ok but the screen opens to reveal the disc drive when selected and immediately moves to the cassette position. Any ideas and would this problem show on the diagnostics and if I need a replacement (used) does it have to be coded to the car. Car has loads of SH and has options......built in phone (missing hand set)soft close doors, the above head unit, both front seats, mirrors and steering wheel full memory and soft close doors. Thanks Jim

Last edited:
OP

39buss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
The drivers door on my S280 04reg has stopped "soft closing". All the other doors work. Any ideas as to where to look first. Thanks.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Diaphragm in the door locks tend to split and leak. The pump automatically disables the line to that lock as it overruns on time. You can reset the pump to test this by removing and replacing the fuse. On the CL its a 20 Amp fuse in the box at the front of the rear seat base - not sure of where that is on the S class.

Could the CD/DVD selection issue be due to a stuck disk?
Some cars have a multi disk changer in the boot above the Navigation disk. I seem to recall that theres an option of selecting either the multi-changer or the DVD slot behind the screen for input.

OP

39buss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
Thanks. That's a starting point. I have a fuse sheet with the car so will look at it soon. The screen shows the full selection and it has a multi changer in the boot next to the Sat/Nav. The problem is the disc slot doesn't come up quite far enough to fully see the opening and then goes down again without stopping so can't see if there's a disc stuck in the slot. I'll post a picture and the head unit Part No. is A220 827 4142 ZGSOOO. Radio, Sat/Nav, 6disc changer and cassette all work. It won't select Disc MP3 or DVD.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom