E class carbrio roof stuck...

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Ok,

Just tried to take the roof off the car (2018 E220) and it went all the way down into the boot but then the rear panel stopped about 1" from closing.... Is there something simple I am missing to get it to work ?

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Sounds like one of the sensors thinks it has detected something and will stop it. Check the location of the sensors and switches for your model and then check each one (without key in ignition for fear of lost hands/fingers), then retry and, again, watch your fingers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Sounds like one of the sensors thinks it has detected something and will stop it. Check the location of the sensors and switches for your model and then check each one (without key in ignition for fear of lost hands/fingers), then retry and, again, watch your fingers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you I had a quick look and pushed about the bits of material in the boot and it seems happy now !

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
You're not alone in climbing the learning curve with MB folding roofs! I always put the SLK into her garage roof down as it's easier with the limited access, then before switching the engine off I close the roof, watching the dash display of "vario roof in operation" until it goes out. Must have let go of the button a second too early last time, got the car out Friday, loaded up and headed for Aylesbury, soon as I got above about 50mph there was so much wind noise, passenger(wife) looks around and notices the small rear 1/4 windows are 1/4" down. Stop at the next services, remove stuff from boot so i can close the boot separator, operate the "roof close" button and the 1/4 windows go up the missing 1/4"! Lesson learnt - as ever, the hard way!:oops::oops::oops:

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Oh the E class bings at you if the roof is not completely up or down.. Oddly you must put the brake on when stopped to use it but you can raise or lower it whilst driving along under 30mph............ Sometimes it won't work if the windows are down or a door is open, sometimes it seems ok with that !!

At least no harm was done though eh?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom