E280 doing funny things

mr rosher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 e430
:confused: hi guys, i don't know if anyone can help me with this one, i expect a lot of you remember me as ( the nightmare ) with the E280 1993, after all the work and exspence, and the advise that was given by all of you, she started to run lovely apart from a couple of small problems with stalling now and then ? then things got worse she started stalling all the time and i noticed a small rattle at 2500 -3000 rpm. To cut along story short, if thats possible every time i put the blink tester on her and check for codes im getting 3 blinks on pin 6/ 33 on 7/ 4 on 8/ 10 light is on continours/ and 13 no codes? if i clear the codes and do the reset adaptation the codes reappear within 20-30 miles, also the s.r.s light comes on then goes and then comes on again SOMETIMES. and now the red light for the air con started flashing then stopped ? whats going on ? the small rattle at 2500-3000 has got worse when you drive her one minute she sounds as if the main bearing shells have gone, then the next sounds fine ? has anyone tried changing the main bearing shells on one of these before, going back 10 years i rebuilt a volvo engine in the shed myselve , so im not bad at D.I.Y, the thing is i was hopping to change the shells with the engine in sit.... is this possable any advise would be help full please

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom