E300 Hybrid Automatic gearbox problem

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, but very keen on getting help with my E300 Hybrid 7G gearbox. Originally the car brokedown with RED transmission issue stop, error codes related to the solinoids. Car was recovered, gearbox serviced and was ok, but not 100%, car seemed to be slow pulling away or a hard acceleration in lowest gears would result in loss of all gears. If I turned the car off, wait and restart it would work again. Car want back into the garage and I was told it needed a new gearbox. I wasn't convinced so sent it to Mercedes to confirm, result was the same. Went on to change electric pack, valve body etc to try and avoid cganging the gearbox, but still no good. Finally changed the gearbox for a used one and still have problems. The garage are telling me that the issue is something stopping the automatic setup of the gearbox adaptions. Furthermore, when they changed the electric pack they failed to keep a copy of the old settings. Now they can't even put it pack to its original condition. Currently the car will drive after resetting the adaptions, but only for about 10 minutes, then it's like driving a car with a severely slipping clutch. Nightmere!
Has anybody got any advice, ideas or hopefully a cure? If anyone can share the transmission settings so I can ask the garage to manually enter them might work. I don't think the garage really know how to fix it, latest advice is the change the solinoids, but I'm not convinced.
Hope someone can help end this nightmere for me?

Wot sort of tc arrangement does that hybrid have? Similar to std auto trans? Have you looked at the trans oil for signs of a burnt smell. Unlikely an issue as u changed the tranny, but not impossible.

OP
G

GJL69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E300 Bluetec SE Hybrid 2.1 automatic estate
I would suspect that the car would throw error messages if it is still misbehaving, even if the codes were previously cleared.
I've been using WDM (now in Aldridge) for many years, I've always found them to be honest with issues.
I agree, but if you reset the adaptions it drives well for about 10 minutes then it's like driving a car with a slipping clutch. They checked for error codes and the only thing they told me was Wet nak error, but probably caused by the incorre t adaptions. Even the MB Star equipment can't complete the gearbox adaptions correctly. It gets to about 85% and shows an error message about incorrect values, so the garage tell me. I'm sure it's something software related, some talk about an exhaust sensor causing the issue or updating the engine management system and gearbox at the same time to clear the issue. Others say replace the wet nak, but why would the car drive fine if the wet nak had a problem. Very odd. I'll take a look at WDM.
Cheers.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom