E320, 6310i cradle, I want a newer phone!

Flukez

Reaction score
I have a 2003 e class with a nokia 6310i cradle that links to the command display and keyboard, works really well but I want a new phone!

Can I convert/upgrade the cradle to a bluetooth system and get all the same funtionalty with newer phones? I dont want to just change the cradle as phones change every year.

I have seen lots of similar posts but I still dont really know the answer, it always seems not to be clear cut

wgriffiths

Reaction score
phones

hi m8 just reading about your phone problem first thing you need to do is phone or go to your local mb parts department with your vin number they will then read your data card to see if your 211 is a uhi system or the older type if its a uhi system it should be bluetooth compatable see the command/audio manual if its the older system im afraid your stuck with a cradle/phone control unit change and some coding changes the dealer will tell you what cradles and control units are avalibble for your car you can then chose a phone to suit or not

Rob13

New Registration
Reaction score
I have a 2003 e class with a nokia 6310i cradle that links to the command display and keyboard, works really well but I want a new phone!

Can I convert/upgrade the cradle to a bluetooth system and get all the same funtionalty with newer phones? I dont want to just change the cradle as phones change every year.

I have seen lots of similar posts but I still dont really know the answer, it always seems not to be clear cut

I really think the answer is two phones and one number ( I think Orange will give you two SIM cards), then you keep one phone in the car permanently.
Its a real pain. Alternatively divert you main phone to your car phone everytime you get in.
I have a Nokia 6230i in an expensive cradle inside the armrest, it works well but I would like to upgrade phone to Nokia N95, what should I do?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom