E320cdi Parking Sensor Problem

njsavage

Reaction score
Hello,
Just bought a 51 reg E320cdi W210 small problem the parking sensors don't work they light up and make a noise and that's it, has anyone got any ideas?
I have cleaned them but it makes no difference.
Must say its a great car!

Many Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, can you describe what happening a little better, when you say lighting up, and they make a noise is that all of the time or when parking

OP
N

njsavage

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for taking the time, the sensors illuminate red and yellow and buss at the same time then switch themselves of again after a few seconds without detecting anything.
I've washed the sensors but its had no affect, might have to take it to the MB dealer.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could you put up the next 3 vin numbers after WDB210???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am coming up with a blank on this one, unless the bumpers have been resprayed back and front or a faulty sensor back and front it must be the control module

MB coulld be a little expensive for this, do you know a good indie with STAR

OP
N

njsavage

Reaction score
Thanks for your help i will go to my local indie.

MOB

Reaction score
Had same problem with mine, all lights would come on for front sensors for a couple of seconds and then switch off, this indicates problem with one or more of the sensors. My local indy ( who I bought car off and was under warranty) had to bring to MB for diagnosis, this told them fault on one sensor on front right bank, they got sensor and went back to their own garage to fit. It still didn't work!!!!! He traced the wiring and found a fault on the wiring loom have worked ever since there was no faulty sensor!!!

OP
N

njsavage

Reaction score
Martin,
Just spoke to my indie he said the same, could be just one sensor down due to a stone or sometimes water can get in to control unit under the rear seats. Taking it down later today to find out what’s happened.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All of the sensors are wired in parallel, it makes fault finding very hard that worst bit is that the bumpers have to come off to change them.

Though nothing recorded for water damage, it is odd that the front and rear do the same thing, Water could cause this

OP
N

njsavage

Reaction score
Well, it seams that drivers side front centre sensor is broken! this stops the whole system from working, so you don't hit something and claim from Mercedes.
Yes the front bumper need to come off for the replacement!!!!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, it seams that drivers side front centre sensor is broken! this stops the whole system from working, so you don't hit something and claim from Mercedes.
Yes the front bumper need to come off for the replacement!!!!!!!

If you want help in getting it off please ask

Tim Green

Reaction score
I had an interesting case in point: The front right kept indicating and buzzing, then cutting off. In the end I took it to the local MB garage. They found that the front number plate was loose on that side and the movement was setting it off. The sticky pad on the number plate was not sticking, but the number plate was only a few mm of the backplate on that side. No charge from MB dealer!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom