E350,which one to go for?

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
Looking at w212 E350 estates,diesel flavoured,are there any I should be avoiding or ones to go for?

Budget up to £15k .

Ideally I want the amg/sport model in a dark colour,but without the aluminium trim inside,prefer the dark wood instead.

Had a lot of mercs before so am used to them but didn't know if there was a preferable engine to go for re the 350 cdi .

Many thanks.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The 212 350cdi only has one engine so your task is simpler
Service history , goodies and condition therefore are your focus as well as those preferences you mentioned

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks,I know they come with different power outputs,is the 265hp the obvious choice then?

It will be taking a trip to msl at some point for minor tweakage and wasn't sure if some responded better to a map than others.

Cheers.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The 231 and 265 end up being about the same after tweeking, as for the aluminium interior, that would have been for the AMG line spec models, for wood you have to look at avantguard with the AMG body kit which tended to be only the earlier 231 engines.
As for kit, if you can get the driver package, has the fully adjustable seats and I’m finding them very useful, the standard ones are just a little hard for my taste after and hours or so in the car

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The 231 and 265 end up being about the same after tweeking, as for the aluminium interior, that would have been for the AMG line spec models, for wood you have to look at avantguard with the AMG body kit which tended to be only the earlier 231 engines.
As for kit, if you can get the driver package, has the fully adjustable seats and I’m finding them very useful, the standard ones are just a little hard for my taste after and hours or so in the car
Thanks for that,I thought that was the case.
Where any years better than others re quality wise?
Cheers.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry OP, of course the power output - the 265 definetely has advantages, as Matt says though, both can be ‘tweaked’. As for build year, i’ve Had a 2013 and currently a 2015 212 and build quality on both has been excellent. Some of the tiny niggles from the 2013 are gone in the 2015 (one pet hate was the screen demisting in the 2013 which delisted the passenger side much quicker than the drivers in the winter, now solved in the 2015)

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class Estate 350cd, Porsche 928 S4
I've had my 2011 350cd Sport Estate for just over a year now, came from having an Vauxhall Omega for 11 years, totally blown away by the performance of the diesel engine. I've always been a bit anti diesel having had petrol engines for all my other cars. But I wanted a large estate, Mercedes was about the only one to fit the bill and diesel was really the only option.

Can't really give any advice as to which ones to avoid as this is my first (and probably not my last) Merc.

B king

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 2003 cdi(gone) / E350 Sport/ C63 (sons)/GLC daughter
A tweaked 265 gives truly awesome performance , they generate massive torque, if not carefull youll b buying rear tyres often ..!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Be aware, if you need/want a tow bar you may not be able to have one on an AMG line car.

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
You really need to decide whether to buy the facelift 350 which is EU6 rated or the pre-facelift which is EU5 as your budget gets you into both, I like you prefer the pre-facelift

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They've had it up for a few weeks now,dropped it down a good few quid already, might have a gander over the weekend.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just a thing of mine to look for decent tires when looking for a car,tells me it's been looked after.
That’s a fair point- I’m looking at this on my iPhone and I couldn’t zoom in enough with a clear enough picture - what’s on it?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The photos aren’t the greatest but it looks like they’ve fitted new front discs which will be a bonus, would be ready for them at 50k miles

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom