E63 6.2na with PP worth remapping or not?

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
Anyone had there E63 6.2na with pp remapped? I know the bhp gains are very small as the car is already running 525bhp but what about drivability etc? Can you tell the difference & is it worth the cost of over £600 :shock::confused:

Thanks

Last edited:

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good morning,

Give us a call al little later we can talk options ;)

Many thanks

Team GAD

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
all depends how far you want to go in regard with tuning, you can go much higher but does depend on how much you want to spend. GAD are certainly close but if you want to look at other poeple that have had stuff done then take a look at MSL Performance, Acid is a sponcer here and really knows the 63's and 55's inside out.

lee c63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C63 ( weistec supercharged 714bhp)
I can't really see any real performance gains....depending on who does the map you may get louder downshifts (blip to rev match).
However, if you went for long tube headers you could get up to 550bhp. But that comes with a much louder exhaust......really loud unless you get a valved rear section to go with it.....
Really it's all down to how much you are willing to pay.
I know someone who had a E63 with a stage 2 Weistec Supercharger and also running NOS.......820bhp!!!

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
@LeeC63

We had talked the other day and exhaust he doesn't want :(

Many thanks

lee c63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am surprised more people have not gone for just a straight NOS kit to be honest.....it seems quite popular in the USA but not so much over here.
I suppose the downside is having to refil the bottle if you are constantly "flat out"
I know jimmys kit on his E63 was a work of art (fitted by the Wizards of NOS)...... And I am tempted just for the option to turn it on and have instant crazy power lol

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
@LeeC63

The Yanks have always been ahead when it comes to crazy upgrades lol They just simply don't care ha ha ha

Yeah do it!!! Would be awesome to behold!!!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I am surprised more people have not gone for just a straight NOS kit to be honest.....it seems quite popular in the USA but not so much over here.

They're a lot more into their drag racing over the pond, which is where Nitrous comes into it's own though, short bursts of a few seconds to maximise power. Probably the reason it's not used as often over here is that we tend to be more track orientated than a 10 second blast I suppose. I'm not saying all of us are like that, but possibly the majority. :confused:

I suppose the downside is having to refil the bottle if you are constantly "flat out"

Another bonus of the US is that it's freely available, whereas over here we have to shop around and finding somewhere local can be a pain.

I know jimmys kit on his E63 was a work of art (fitted by the Wizards of NOS)...... And I am tempted just for the option to turn it on and have instant crazy power lol

+1 for Jim's installation, loved the hidden switches on it. I think it would suit yours Lee, just saying..... :cool:

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
They're a lot more into their drag racing over the pond, which is where Nitrous comes into it's own though, short bursts of a few seconds to maximise power. Probably the reason it's not used as often over here is that we tend to be more track orientated than a 10 second blast I suppose. I'm not saying all of us are like that, but possibly the majority.

Down here, I'd NOS myself straight through a very solid hedgerow in the blink of an eye! :grin:

OP
O

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
I can't really see any real performance gains....depending on who does the map you may get louder downshifts (blip to rev match).
However, if you went for long tube headers you could get up to 550bhp. But that comes with a much louder exhaust......really loud unless you get a valved rear section to go with it.....
Really it's all down to how much you are willing to pay.
I know someone who had a E63 with a stage 2 Weistec Supercharger and also running NOS.......820bhp!!!

You have kind of hit the nail on the head really I have limited funds & having always had mapped cars I was just going to continue. However with the pp I am already at 525bhp so does the extra £600 really justify the the extra 15bhp ? It would be good to do an even comparison by driving a non mapped & remapped straight after each other but unfortunately its just not possible. The only way would be via a dyno I guess :confused:

stanmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s63amg
MAD

but your just MAD lee lol

lee c63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
but your just MAD lee lol

Ha Ha but your the one that keeps doing the Mods on my car....and your driving about in a Stage 2 Weistec Supercharged S63.......now thats MAD

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom