Eco Stop/Start Fault Code?

P

peterdh

My EcoStop/Start failed to work for a couple of months or so even after reasonably long trips where it most certainly should have fulfilled all the criteria for it to kick in. Therefore when booking the car in for a service I asked them to look at this problem. What do you know. A few days later it started working again even round town. Back to normal.

I'm wondering though (it goes in for service this week), if when they plug the car into Star, if any fault codes will show allowing them to rectify (hopefully) whatever the problem was or, as I suspect, no fault codes will have been generated during the period when it didn't work?

Has anyone any clues on this one?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about it the stop/start function is heavily dependant on battery condition and there are so many auxiliaries pulling power from the alternator nowadays especially air/con the the parameters you mention for it to be active aren’t met a lot of the time

I’m only too happy not to see the functionality light illuminate then I don’t have to turn it off manually, I cringe every time it occasionally catches me out, all those extra starts put an enormous strain on engine internals, rant over

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Well I bought a CTEK MSX 5.0 for £67.95 delivered from these guys:
https://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/
Brilliant service, excellent communicators and very knowledgeable.
Brilliant item!
Stop Start Working Fine Now
Just get one you won't regret it

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom