El, power control, EPC

Zowie121

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2003 cdi
Hiya guys,
I need some help ive owned my 2002/03 Mercedes-Benz C220 cdi for a few months now.
Ive had problems with it starting once its warm it takes a couple of turns to fire up then the other day as it was struggling to fire up i had the above message el, power control EPC
It runs fine and starts fine when cold btw.
Im thinking its crankshaft sensor related i cant get it plugged till tuesday as its bank holiday.
Thanks in advance Zowie

Attachments

• DSC_1717.JPG
    DSC_1717.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 11

renrutp76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
X218/2014/CLS250CDI_W211/2005/E500 Avantgarde
Hi Zowie,

It could be one of a number of things. A few years back I had a c270cdi, which suffered the same fate, but only under moderate to hard acceleration. Turned out to be multiple failing injectors and a weak to fuel pump. Could also be sensor related. You should get a better indication when you plug into your diagnostic.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OP
Zowie121

Zowie121

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2003 cdi
Thanks for your reply renrutp76, it doesnt cut out or anything just issues to start up when its warm hopefully i will know more this week and get it sorted thanks again x

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
The first thing to do, which is both easy and cheap, is to change the fuel filter.
After that, go full di-agnostics.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
It won't be the crank sensor.

ELPC is usually triggered by a fuel pressure issue, in other words, the ECU sees the injector rail pressure drop below 160bar. You say you have issues starting it and cranking it over for long periods. I would suggest you either have high injector leak off on one or more injectors or your high pressure fuel pump is beginning to fail.

I wouldn't even replace the fuel filter without having some diagnostics done, like a leak off fuel test.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom