EML after AdBlue delete

carlbcfc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W213 / S213 OM654
I have a W213, and I had the dreaded 500 Light pop up. I panicked, and posted in my local Taxi group where a guy said ‘I know a guy’.

So this local remapper came out, who to be fair, well recommended for various things. He deleted the adblue. The next day, I get an EML, and although the car is very driveable, it just feels 10% less powerful.

I told the guy, and he said I’ve got a new file that should work on your car. So he came out and done it again. Next day, EML again.

He tells me it must be your DPF, but I use DPF additives, and I spend my life on motorways in Sport+ mode mainly too.

I might of mine with a Vito drove into a local centre and they deleted his totally fine with no comeback.

What is this mapper doing different?

I must add, I did have a previous W213 with a dodgy Adblue delete that pulled up the same codes and issues. The car got written off before I could get to the bottom of it though.

I’m not here, to be judged, or to be told the laws, or to be told, “I told you so” thank you.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
If the eml is on, what codes are showing? Members would need to understand before being able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Putting it back to a stock map with the latest software updates and NOX sensors works - a friend had multiple AdBlue errors and 500 mile warnings - had all the updates and NOX sensors and now 18 months of zero EML or AdBlue issues.

Yes, it has taken MB (and others) quite awhile to get the emissions systems working, but they can be pretty reliable now.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Deleting just the ad blue can cause the dpf to stop self generating . You really need an up-to-date map file overwritten to the ECU.

Reactions: DSK

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
The clue is in what you have written about your mapper.

"Taxi group where a guy said ‘I know a guy’. "

"told the guy, and he said I’ve got a new file that should work on your car."

"What is this mapper doing different?"

The mapper does not know what he doing. He getting generic file maps from somewhere and just loading them to your ECU with no consideration of how the map files need to operate in tandem with your vehicle.

Also, you havent done any fault diagnosis as to why the fault has triggered your warning light. Even though you delete parameter for Adblue or increase their tolerence spec not to trigger, the PTCU, Engine ECU and SCR module still need to see certainly electrically correct signals.

I'm afraid you have caused all of your own problems here and this is another good advert for fixing the car properly and not trying to illegally cheat the system. I have come across this so many times and only as recently as last week. Trust me, trying to sort out EML and running issues on top of this sort of an abortion of a job creates more problems, causes garages more headaches and costs you more money in additional labour diagnosis time than just actually fixing the car properly the first time of asking.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Putting it back to a stock map with the latest software updates and NOX sensors works - a friend had multiple AdBlue errors and 500 mile warnings - had all the updates and NOX sensors and now 18 months of zero EML or AdBlue issues.

Yes, it has taken MB (and others) quite awhile to get the emissions systems working, but they can be pretty reliable now.
Interesting! So, the NOX sensors were replaced? I presume that is cheaper than the £2K often talked about for new tanks and pumps? Or are these different problems...?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will be corrected but iirc, the nox sensors went through a few iterations. If correct, it’s the version 3 and latest software needed.

Nice to know though as if I have issue, this is what I will do, unless a 2013, 1 owner, low miles, ott serviced s65 comes onto the market.

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Interesting! So, the NOX sensors were replaced? I presume that is cheaper than the £2K often talked about for new tanks and pumps? Or are these different problems...?
They were, at Mercedes cost (thankfully) as it was a relatively recent purchase and still within the 3 yrs warranty

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I have a W213, and I had the dreaded 500 Light pop up. I panicked, and posted in my local Taxi group where a guy said ‘I know a guy’.

So this local remapper came out, who to be fair, well recommended for various things. He deleted the adblue. The next day, I get an EML, and although the car is very driveable, it just feels 10% less powerful.

I told the guy, and he said I’ve got a new file that should work on your car. So he came out and done it again. Next day, EML again.

He tells me it must be your DPF, but I use DPF additives, and I spend my life on motorways in Sport+ mode mainly too.

I might of mine with a Vito drove into a local centre and they deleted his totally fine with no comeback.

What is this mapper doing different?

I must add, I did have a previous W213 with a dodgy Adblue delete that pulled up the same codes and issues. The car got written off before I could get to the bottom of it though.

I’m not here, to be judged, or to be told the laws, or to be told, “I told you so” thank you.
Did u unplug adblue harness, I had delete guy didn't tell me to unplug so eml came on. Unplugged not seen since.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Bypassing a fault leading to another fault is nothing but a sham job which in the end coats more time, patience and stress that doing it once right

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Did u unplug adblue harness, I had delete guy didn't tell me to unplug so eml came on. Unplugged not seen since.

Some map files out now, require the harness to be plugged in. Some do some don't.

OP
C

carlbcfc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the eml is on, what codes are showing? Members would need to understand before being able to help.

Attachments

• IMG_3653.jpeg
    IMG_3653.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 20
OP
C

carlbcfc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will be corrected but iirc, the nox sensors went through a few iterations. If correct, it’s the version 3 and latest software needed.

Nice to know though as if I have issue, this is what I will do, unless a 2013, 1 owner, low miles, ott serviced s65 comes onto the market.

Any idea how I can find OEM part number for Nox sensors?

Another question is if it goes into Merc and they update it, will that wipe the adblue delete?

He messed around at back so assume harness our. Maybe I should plug it back in?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
IIRC @Botus wrote something about these but I’d be damned I if I can find details. Fellow members and garage owners may know and advise.

OP
C

carlbcfc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bypassing a fault leading to another fault is nothing but a sham job which in the end coats more time, patience and stress that doing it once right

Panicked mate. Had loads of work on and was offered a fix. Obviously now I am wiser.

A mate took his Vito to a drive in place recently and no EML since.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Some map files out now, require the harness to be plugged in. Some do some don't.
After delete all good for 2 months then eml back but no code.
Unplugged harness eml gone since.
Delete is answer to adblue. Until a factory free fix is avail. As in states.
Another 1200 after 3 Yr for same issue sure ain't..

OP
C

carlbcfc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I get this guy to put it back to stock will it return the 500 mile timer? And will my machine show me the real fault or will that be a riddle itself?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You must speak to the guy, and understand where u stand if it all goes to sh1t. My guy says he has my origional set up flash saved, not keen on testing that theory. One day I will do more research on that. Cud be a can of worms and possible money pit? Wud be interested in any comment from adblue delete, reinstate stories

w213probs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w213 e220d
i was reading somewhere that the 500mile thing can be reset by removing some fuse. not remember exactly but if anyone knows, that might help you.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom