Engine shipping

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Hi all

I need to ship a small engine. It is mounted securely on an angle iron frame and is approx 70x70x80cm in size. Weight is probably 50KG give/take.

Can anybody recommend a delivery service to use this?

Various pallet delivery services would probably work, although I would need to obtain a pallet.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You can get a pallet from any pallet recovery yard (Google for your local area) for £5.

A single unstackable pallet collection/ delivery within mainland UK will usually set you back £90-100.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
We use Palletline
The pallet itself as Craig says...pity I wasn’t closer- what a rip off, we have to pay to dispose of them! (And we’ve hundreds)...you can buy (or maybe Palletline could provide one for you to quickly attach to the engine?) Just a thought

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Thanks both, My next door neighbour will have stacks of pallets available so not too concerned about that.

I will give pallet line a call and see if they instil confidence :)

Thanks.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
what a rip off, we have to pay to dispose of them! (And we’ve hundreds)...you can buy (or maybe Palletline could provide one for you to quickly attach to the engine?) Just a thought

You should get someone to advertise them on Facebook, people are always after them as it is fashionable to make furniture out of them at the moment

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
In case all else fails I would try Shiply.com. Give details and get bids.(ok you might get silly ones) I got a V8 Chevy motor collected from the centre of London and delivered to the wilds of Lancashire for £75. Which was nice.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You should get someone to advertise them on Facebook, people are always after them as it is fashionable to make furniture out of them at the moment
Thanks Jon
It’s an idea- people have also being using them to make huts for logs too

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
We use Palletline
The pallet itself as Craig says...pity I wasn’t closer- what a rip off, we have to pay to dispose of them! (And we’ve hundreds)...you can buy (or maybe Palletline could provide one for you to quickly attach to the engine?) Just a thought
Drop me a line John, I’m working on a recycling £ recovery scheme for wooden pallets.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom