ESP AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT..... HELP

sill7

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS CDI ECO
PLEASE HELP

I have a 2013 Mercedes A Class ECO 1.8 Engine CDI Eco.

Had the car 7 months and i am the second owner.

About 2 weeks ago i started the car and from out of the blue the Check Engine light came on aswell as the ESP light which came up with a warning message 'ESP inoperative please check owners manual'. I turned the engine off and re started and both lights had disapeared, the next day both lights re appeared and ive had the problem ever since.

If i turn the engine off and back on again the ESP light will not be there but will 100% re appear at some point during my next drive. Check Engine light is showing 90% of the time. Car drives normal when Check Engine light appears but when ESP inoperative light comes on the car goes almost into limp mode and will not accelerate away after changing gears.

Have taken the car to a indi merc specalist who advised that from the star test it is due to a faulty accelerator pedal or a faulty oil sensor, both have been replaced but the light still show and nothing has changed. The indi then told me to go to Merc directly and even said i may need a new ECU !!! £££££.

i have been in touch with a diff mercedes specalist and they advised that often something that clears this problem is to remove the ECU all together clen the pipes and reset the software, anyone heard of this?

Anyone had similar problems or know what could be causing this? I have already spend a couple of hundread £ on the car and i am still yet to actually know what the issue is!

please help ....

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Have a read of this troubleshooting guide for ESP faults.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/esp-light-reset/

I would start by ensuring the battery is fully charged, then changing the brake light switch, which on most MB's is on top of the brake pedal behind the insulating carpet. Just twist to release and unplug.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom